Compensation for university strikes

Are university students entitled to compensation if the lecturers are striking continuously as they are at the moment, most students are paying £9000 a year and missing out on valuable lessons.

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Brian1969 wrote: »
    Are university students entitled to compensation if the lecturers are striking continuously as they are at the moment, most students are paying £9000 a year and missing out on valuable lessons.

I'd say the Government should be entitled to compensation given that most of the fee loans won't be paid by students.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    I'd say the Government should be entitled to compensation given that most of the fee loans won't be paid by students.

:rotfl:

That made me chortle!
  • Brian1969 wrote: »

They should certainly be entitled to some 'catch-up' lessons I would have thought.
  • GothicStirling
    GothicStirling Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    Most Universities have a building known as a Library. I suggest the time not spent in classes, is spent there reading around the seminars/tutorials you aren't attending.
  • discat11
    discat11 Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Are they striking continuously? I can see they have been out a few times recently, but this is obviously less than 'continuously' to be fair.

If you're a mathematics or physics student I'd suggest you were wasting your money anyway in which case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure