Btec Level 3 Diploma confusion

Options
Ellie05
Ellie05 Posts: 17 Forumite
edited 18 March 2018 at 1:48PM in Student MoneySaving
My daughter has just received her Btec L3 Diploma.

I have two questions...Firstly, It says on the diploma that 'this document consists of more than one page' , even though she's only received a single page. Does anyone know what is missing?

Secondly, she's achieved Double Grade Merit Merit. I've been looking on the Pearson website to try and find what this is, but we can't find this grade listed anywhere on it or what A level grade it's equivalent to, and are struggling to work out what she's actually achieved. Can anyone advise please?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ask the awarding body both questions would be my suggestion.
  • Ellie05
    Options
    Yes, I've tried but no phone number and only email enquiries via a drop down list of specific questions.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A double grade means the equivalent of 2 A levels. Merit equates to a B or a C depending on which reference table you look at.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Ellie05
    edited 21 March 2018 at 8:11AM
    Options
    Have managed to speak to one of my daughters tutors (usually very difficult to do...which is why I'd not considered it first).
    There should be a second page which details each unit that she's completed. The college have to request a copy for me, which they are doing today.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's probably 2Cs. If she's been studying for two years full-time she would also usually have done another qualification (a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma or an A level) which would add together to help get her onto the next level of study (if that's what she wants).
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure