IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Options

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Posted in the Daily Mail today, it is as I suspected just an extension of self ticketing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3827932/Tesco-shoppers-face-70-fine-using-parent-disabled-spaces.html
  • keepitlegal
    Options
    I have 4 grandchildren, 2 are old enough to help grandad with his shopping, does that mean I'm banned from using a parent and child space, because I'm not there parent? This whole private parking is a nonsense, it needs sorting sooner rather than later, there's no regulation on private parking, I think it's important to contact your MP to put pressure on the DCLG to produce there long overdue changes, a copy of a letter to send to your MP can be found here, https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

Keepitlegal
  • misterbarlow
    Options
    This article is now on the Daily mail and Mirror sites..
    Its says on there they are simply passing the vehicle info onto Horizon parking who will manage the system for them...
    So basically its Horizon instigating this more than Tesco, takings are obviously down now more and more drivers are wising up to their 'scam'!!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm surprised about the Horizon involvement as all the Tesco cases I've seen here have been Highview. I don't know if Horizon just deal with a particular Tesco region where this is being introduced, or whether they are 'muscling in'? I wonder what HV are making of it?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Quote from Daily Mail piece.
    ‘Hopefully the message will get out there that this is a serious crime"

Whilst I am totally against people parking in a DB when they are not, its not a crime.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • fisherjim
    edited 8 October 2016 at 12:28PM
    Options
    Probably got their High views mixed up with their Horizons, neither Tesco or The DM are the sharpest knives in the drawer!

But what really annoys me about the whole sorry situation in this country, is the disproportionate amount of time, resource, effort, heartache etc etc that goes into the parking shams, scams and idiocy, compared with real motoring offences, dangerous/careless/thoughtless driving, etc etc. One makes millions, so people are all over it, the other costs millions so has less and less resource thrown at it.
    One prime example is the use of "Traffic Officers" on motorways, the cheap replacement to real policing.
    When they are not sitting in service areas smoking and eating burgers, they are being ridiculed as people speed past them on the motorway knowing they are just traffic Wombles with no power to do anything.

But if your passenger jumps out on a roadway in stationary traffic at Luton airport there is a 95% chance of a fake fine in the post.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quote from Daily Mail piece.
    ‘Hopefully the message will get out there that this is a serious crime"

Whilst I am totally against people parking in a DB when they are not, its not a crime.
    Technically it can be on the public highway:-
    http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/parking-services/parking-and-traffic/parking-information-professionals/tackling-blue-badge
  • fisherjim
    Options
    Probably got their High views mixed up with their Horizons, neither Tesco or The DM are the sharpest knives in the drawer!

But what really annoys me about the whole sorry situation in this country, is the disproportionate amount of time, resource, effort, heartache etc etc that goes into the parking shams, scams and idiocy, compared with real motoring offences, dangerous/careless/thoughtless driving, etc etc. One makes millions, so people are all over it, the other costs millions so has less and less resource thrown at it.
    One prime example is the use of "Traffic Officers" on motorways, the cheap replacement to real policing.
    When they are not sitting in service areas smoking and eating burgers, they are being ridiculed as people speed past them on the motorway knowing they are just traffic Wombles with no power to do anything.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Our local Tesco ( in Scotland0 had to apply to the council to take over the carpark so that disabled parking bays could be enforced.

The biggest offender were the local police parking at the door to go in and buy there lunch.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Said by somebody who is ignorant of the role and purpose of the traffic officers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure