MSE/MSM independent?

Options
deker
deker Posts: 78 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 22 October 2019 at 12:11PM in Energy
MSE appear to hiding the fact that some deals require smart meters. In their single response to me they claim it is stated in the notes to deals. I have supplied screen shots that show no such notes on the deal I signed up to with Scottish Power via MSE. Now they seem to have gone silent on the issue and are not responding on the forum or via email. There is a forum thread specifically about smart meters with nearly 1000 replies so MSE cannot claim that they don't know smart meters are a contentious issue. It's starting to look like MSE and/or their parent company have some sort of agreement with suppliers to play down the fact that some deals demand smart meters otherwise this fact would be prominent and included in the filters section so such deals could be easily avoided. Meanwhile Scottish Power claim MSE is a broker and the deal being offered is theirs... so MSE not as independent as it claims to be!

Comments

• ThePirates
    Options
    I too have had an email from Scottish Power telling me I need a Smart Meter installed. That just isn't going to happen.
    I'll need to swap tariffs again and it will cost me £60.

MSE did not highlighted this anywhere or on any communications when I signed up via their site to change tariffs.

NOT HAPPY
  • ThePirates
    Options
    The latest website note says

"You MUST agree to get free smart meters (one for gas, one for elec) installed within 3mths if you don't have 'em already. That isn't an issue though: they just give automatic meter readings."

This isn't an issue? What a load of bollox......

Martin you've sold out to the big corporations mate.....
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sold out long time ago matte.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Sold out long time ago matte.
    Literally !
  • deker
    deker Posts: 78 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nine months later and still not clear which tariffs insist on smart meters. 31st Oct 2019 via email:  "The smart meter filter is certainly something we're looking at as a future improvement, as we are aware that users have specific preferences around these."

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Perhaps one day MSE/CEC will do what it says on the tin, which means showing all suppliers, including Neon Reef !
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Perhaps one day MSE/CEC will do what it says on the tin, which means showing all suppliers, including Neon Reef !

...and perhaps one day we'll see Lord Lucan riding Shergar down Kensington High Street.

I’m not holding my breath, Gerry.  :D

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure