Noddle says lived at an address have never set foot in. How?

Options
2»

Comments

• only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nine_Lives wrote: »

We closed our credit cards down in January as we'll be looking to buy a house this year. Read yesterday though that as far as credit ratings/scores go, this could've been a bad move..?

Yes it can be always buy something then pay it off before the interest is due, keeps you getting the nice greens on the credit file.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    Would it be such a bad idea for us to open up a card each & operate in this way then?

Then again, it'd just be me i suppose. She's 4/5 but i'm only 3/5. I could do with getting up into the top end 1/4s really, but not sure how.
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, be a great idea.
  • Nine_Lives
    Options
    Thanks. Not that i don't believe you or anything, but i think i'll throw it out there on the house buying forum as someone may have been in the same position & could speak from 1st hand experience?
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    Would it be such a bad idea for us to open up a card each & operate in this way then?

Then again, it'd just be me i suppose. She's 4/5 but i'm only 3/5. I could do with getting up into the top end 1/4s really, but not sure how.

Noddle's rating means nothing as mortgage lenders don't run Noddle.

Opening a credit card looks bad as it might be perceived as a recent shortage of money. Having a card opened and used properly for a while looks good as it shows you are a responsible borrower.
  • udydudy
    udydudy Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course it is.

But the same name, including middle name, same DOB, living a few streets away? It's possible, but unlikely.

Noddle gives her a 4/5 rating though but i'm only 3/5. I've never had any late payments, never been overdrawn. Never anything i would consider negative, so not sure why i'm only 3/5. I've taken plenty of credit cards out over the years & always paid them off on time.

We closed our credit cards down in January as we'll be looking to buy a house this year. Read yesterday though that as far as credit ratings/scores go, this could've been a bad move..?

I would suggest opening atleast one or two credit cards but only if you still have 6 months left to buy your house. too many credit searches in previous 6 month period may affect your mortgage application.

Having credit cards/loans do not really affect your mortgage application as long as they have a history to see you are always paying on time and also the amount paid out is not a major portion of your monthly outflow due to the affordability test criteria.

I took a personal loan before we took out our mortgage(8 months prior) and between me and OH, we had 7 credit cards with my cards 5 figure limits and still had no problems as we met the affordability criteria.

of course we also had the explanation that we did not want to break our ISAs to pay the deposit, which helped as they could see that we were able to save both our cash ISA allowance amount on a yearly basis.
    It says "most recent source of link: callcredit" in 2011, as well as Santander cards UK in 2006, yet the only time she ever registered with Santander was around 2010/2011.

you managed the barclaycard entry on the credit report, did you see hat the santander entry was all about??
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • Nine_Lives
    Options
    udydudy wrote: »
    you managed the barclaycard entry on the credit report, did you see hat the santander entry was all about??
    Thanks for reminding us. We've been focused on the Barclaycard & rating out of 5 that we'd forgotten about that.

No we haven't. The wife says the only time she'd ever had anything to do with Santander is around 2010 when we started using them for ISAs & then later the Preferred Current Account at 5%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure