Buy Your Things Online website (BYTO) is it a scam ?

Options
I have been searching for a cheap price on Onkyo SKSHT588 speaker set and came across a site called Buy Your Things Online (b-yto.com). It looks pretty legit and the About us page looks genuine although the Reevoo rating looks a bit dodgy.

It looks like you shop on their website and get a good deal on all sorts of items and the "catch" is they could be delivered from all over the world but you are only charged a decent delivery charge and the price says includes all taxes.

So the SKSHT588 were £269 which is about £70 cheaper than anywhere else. I did a search for this website for reviews and google shows nothing, then I am thinking is this because they picked a name that is difficult to google ?

Anyway I decided to take the plunge I can use my credit card I should be protected. Adding them to the basket filled in my details and it said the speakers would come from their Distribution centre in Spain and the DPD deliver was £9. Looked at payment options and you have bank transfer, or credit card. You dont see many e-tailers offering bank transfer. Anyway selected Credit Card it clicked on confirmed order and instead of getting the payment screen I got the thank you for order screen. Eh ? I had not entered payment details. It then says in small print "You will receive payment link from our processator by email". This had my alarm bells ringing again.

So I have received an email confirmation of the order but an hour later still not request for payment. Not too worried as I never gave any payment details but is this just a phishing website to get your name, address and phone number. It seems an odd way to do it as these details you could get by other means. There is not even any marketing tick boxes like usual.

Is this a scam ? Yet I can not find anybody else that has used this website and reviewed it or even reported it as a con ?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport