Tesco to cancel incoming direct debits without permission

Options
2»

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please send a link to the other threads then, I don't spend my life on the internet and looking at forums
    How about this huge thread that has rarely been off the 1st page since October.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177&
  • David_Partington
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful replys, I did search before I posted but most of it is in obscure threads. To the sarcastic ones one here are you like that in real life of is just because you hide behind a pseudo name you do it on here
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How about this huge thread that has rarely been off the 1st page since October.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730177&
    OP has already found that thread and has been plastering it with similar 'how very dare they?' nonsense to what he's expressed on this one....
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,140 Forumite
    Options
    They say they pre notified of this change in October but I didn't receive anything
    Well that's not entirely accurate is it? How would you know?
    I haven't got time to read through their rule change booklets
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Tesco savings have written to me to say that on 22 April they will cancel all dds that are incoming into their accounts. They say they pre notified of this change in October but I didn't receive anything. I found this facility useful and I don't believe Tesco have a right to cancel payments set up by their customers. I urge anyone affected to strongly complain by ringing 034 5678 5678. Say you want them to log a complaint.

You may not believe it but they really do have the right to alter the terms of their product.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    Options
    You would only have an issue if they started cancelling outgoing direct debits to external providers like council tax or gas.

I have seen so much notification im starting to get very bored of them telling me about it. Along with any notion that Tesco might forget and not implement it.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    Options
    To the sarcastic ones one here are you like that in real life of is just because you hide behind a pseudo name you do it on here

Absolutely, if the situation of person is deserving of it :D
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    Why do people think it funny to give out wrong information?
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    Options
    Closing this thread to new comments as the OP has found the thread giving further explanation.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing