HSBC "the world is yours"

Options
Is anyone else a little annoyed with HSBC's "the world is yours"
Is it legal to emblazon my/a customer's first names, as part of their, HSBC"S, Forex advertising campaign, across the outside of the envelope containing the advertising blurb they've sent out this week...I thought there were new laws/rules about data protection and privacy?
Any other HSBC Premier customers had similar envelopes?

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't seen the adverts, but with reference to your first name being on an envelope, this isn't a breach of GDPR. Your name is normally on envelopes, albeit not necessarily in a large font. You may not like what they have done, but it isn't illegal.
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Is anyone else a little annoyed with HSBC's "the world is yours"
    Is it legal to emblazon my/a customer's first names, as part of their, HSBC"S, Forex advertising campaign, across the outside of the envelope containing the advertising blurb they've sent out this week...I thought there were new laws/rules about data protection and privacy?
    Any other HSBC Premier customers had similar envelopes?

I had a bumper post today - I got four letters!

All of them had my name on the outside of the envelope!!!

I am outraged. :eek:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • huw01
    huw01 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What!!!8217;s the difference in having your name printed on the outside of an envelope in addition or in place of having it seen and displayed through a window in the envelope ? There would be an issue if it was your name and address printed on the envelope that somebody else!!!8217;s details on the letter. GDPR doesn!!!8217;t have any bearing on this issue I!!!8217;d say
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure