PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 14th May 2018

Options

Comments

• froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Dizzy (and FWIW anyone else to whom this applies) don't EVER feel guitly posting good news...just as we support you in your sorrows we want to cheer you on in your joys and successes.

Many's the time the best news of the day or the thing that has made my day has been posted on this thread.

I second that - love hearing your good news on here :D

Managed to wash up, do a load of washing and sort a pile of magazines today.

Working tomorrow - never thought I say this, but I think it will be less stressful than being at home :o

Thanks for all your thoughts and hugs - now waiting for an appt. with the mental health tea. The referral has gone through and GP has sent records to them so am hoping we won't have to wait too long . . . . . . .
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    *** DRUMROLL PURLEASE!!***

I mopped the kitchen... without stopping 15 times to catch my breath or allow my hip to stop screaming at me...

One clean kitchen floor sparkling!!

I'm so inspired by that I'm going to do ours, too. And hugely well done on the mega Slinky Loss.

Having cleared a lot of space in various cupboards and drawers over the past year I'm now having to shove all of them full of things again. *sigh* We bought a carfull of stuff back from the chalet yesterday and it's all sort of put away bar a few bits and pieces but it's soul-destroying, it really is, because my lovely space is no longer space. And there's more to come, sadly.

I managed to get rid of three large things yesterday to the dump and CS but there are going to be three things leaving the house every day from now on because I can't live with shifting gibble from one place to another for years again. Been there. Done that. Boring. OH is still stuck in that 'It cost money' 'It's worth money' place and I'm stuck on 'But I like it' but it just won't do any more.
    Better is good enough.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    my bad i posted on the wrong page, so........Well I!!!8217;m pleased with myself cos there was two jobs iv been meaning to do for a while and I!!!8217;ve done them over the last couple of days, one was really clean the fan in the bathroom (cotton buds dry sponge) and a small mark on the wall in the living room which needed gentle persuasion !!!8211; done! I also gutted my kitchen last night shall we say the exterior, the cupboards are fine apart from the one under the stairs which is known as my monica cupboard (hotspot), that will be tackled in due course, I already feel calmer about the kitchen. Love bleach. Tuesday, weather permitting garden! so while the The tea was cooking last night i spent 15 minutes weeding in the garden, i have a small garden so you can see the difference, the skies opened after that so tomorrow night il put the 2 bags of gravel out as i am spinning tonight

:money:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning ladies :wave:

Sending hugs again to all flyladies in need and congratulations to Piggers for your awesome slinkiness :j
    Valli wrote: »
    Dizzy (and FWIW anyone else to whom this applies) don't EVER feel guitly posting good news...just as we support you in your sorrows we want to cheer you on in your joys and successes.

Many's the time the best news of the day or the thing that has made my day has been posted on this thread.

Aww, thank you! It's not often I have good news, so it means a lot that I can tell all you ladies here x

Yesterday, I blitzed the master bedroom and emptied the ironing basket (I did iron the clothes, not just tip them on the floor). Sorting out my emails now, including prices for the re-roofing of the house, which due to the chap being an old friend of DH, is about half what I was expecting :T

Got the extra kids after school today, so my peace and tranquillity will be shattered just after 3pm...
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) for ATB, Dancemum, Valli and Frodders.

Sorry to hear the antibiotics aren't having a better effect, Frodders. There was always a chance your mother's confusion could have been caused by an infection.

It sounds as though the Eurovision Song Contest will always be one of those events that rubberbands you back to that evening with your sister, Valli. It's nice to know it brings someone some happiness!

Up at the crack of o'sparrowfart to take OH to the station and then carry on with making the whole place look welcoming for a new lodger before taking Kelpie up to the field. We've been going for weeks and his recall is no better than it was to begin with. Anyone else have a dog that simply doesn't understand what recall is? Not even for treats?

Am going to crack out the sewing machine again now that the house looks habitable and get on with that. Bliss.

high value treats only used for recall and dont just recall when they are legging it recall within 3 feet and 6 feet and always reward, i use a key word 'look' when i say look my dog must look at me and he will be rewarded for that, we do this even when watching tv, small steps!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2018 at 11:19AM
    Options
    I have.. 2 boxes and a binbag of Twinkles outgrown clothes going to a freecycle lady later today along with a playmat, a steriliser and the breastpump (no uncleanable parts so its all good :D) .. 2 binbags fo toys going to charity shop... I appear to be missing Twinkles third bag of toys. She has a set of recycling bags for her toys and I cannot find the third anywhere.. all I can think is it is buried under DD2's pile of sh... valuables.. in the front room!!

FLINGO!!!!!

WM done with the kitchen mats in..

I'm bringing the dry stuff off the line next before it rains on it.. off to check a list I think...yep, most of todays already done :D *polish halo*
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bedclothes blowing on the line. Rain isn't forecast but it certainly looks like it. Oh well, it can stay out there and I'll just cross my fingers. Long walk done in the name of slinky, hair washed. Sooooo hungry that I'm just quickly feeding my face before I have to go out to get DD for her dentist appointment. I'm hoping that on the way home we can pick up a birthday present that I need for the weekend so that can be crossed off the list.

I hope the appointment that you and your mum need comes through quickly, Frodders. X
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Options
    right.. baby stuff collected.. large pile out of my house!

I need to go pick up mine and DS3's prescriptions..

Bag of toys still not turned up.. I have no idea where it could possibly be.. found the second picnic blanket though.. thats a win right?

washing to go out in the very slight rain
    DW needs loading

Though I am having a cuppa first!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon again! It's the calm before the storm...

New curtains hung in the boys' bedroom as they were complaining the sun was too bright to sleep. Blackout curtains installed, so hopefully no messing about at bedtime today.

Quick cuppa, then off to collect Tiny and Jemmie from school, then back at four for Small and Ivor after football practice. Burgers and chips planned for dinner with chocolate mousse for pudding.

I will be having salad.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you’re all ok.

Paid stuff, dog walks, and hair cut here today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family