Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • theunlucky
    • By theunlucky 8th Nov 18, 11:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    N245 advice
    • #1
    • 8th Nov 18, 11:38 PM
    N245 advice 8th Nov 18 at 11:38 PM

    Long time lurker (and on CAC) now need some very valuable advice. Long story short, personally secured a debt of £18,140 as a company director making me personally liable. This has now gone as far as a High Court Writ of Control.

    I can afford £150 a month given circumstances now as that business failed, and I had to sell a property to cover the majority of the debts (this is the last remaining). I have no tangible assets that are even worth seizing. Iím aware this means it would technically take 155 months to clear but itís all I can offer. Logically, I will find a better employment offer in that time as I have now returned to the workplace but it will take time as I pursued my own entrepreneurial pursuits since I was 18 (Iím now 25).

    I am planning to put in an application for a N245 as this seems to be the advice everywhere online. As Iíve explained to the bailiffs, theyíre welcome to come to my property and verify they wonít find anything of value that isnít exempt from their powers (a laptop which I require for work and is the property of my employer).

    1. Is it likely that this offer will be accepted by a court given the amounts in question? I would make higher payments if I can afford to. My income expenses calculation actually works out as me being able to afford £20 less but I can cut a very tight budget. I am making just over £1,000 after tax and NI contributions at the moment.

    2. At the top of the form, it asks for a warrant number. I have the certificate of the warrant of control and the judgement number. Can I omit this as it isnít present?

    3. I also havenít been allocated a defendant reference, what must I fill in that part, just my name? I have a reference for the claimant.

    4. In regards to exemption for costs, it starts HWF and then asks for an input, what do I place here? Is this where you put EX160?

    5. Do I attach the EX160 with the N245 together when posting to the appropriate court?

    6. I donít have a chequebook - how can I enclose a payment of the offered amount? Or can I leave this till it is awarded?

    Failing a N245 working, I would have to declare bankruptcy which whilst I know it eliminates the debt - will make getting back up impossible as Iím within the financial services sector and my work experience is senior management.

    Thank you in advance!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,585Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Should the contactless payment limit be increased? If so, to what? Pls vote in this week's MSE site poll...

  • No its completely wrong. Your contract is with the shop that you bought it off. The staff at o2 should be better?

  • PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick?

  • Follow Martin