Preparing for the biggest move of our life

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    You sound like you're so organised bellevie. Well done for booking the holiday, even though it''s more expensive than it probably should be.

You've almost made me want to adopt a little rescue dog now too!!!!!!! How very dare you!!!! ;)

MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi Bellevie. I'm so glad to hear that Mr T has settled in now. I'm a bit worried that our imminent move will upset Mr D as he's got a bit of a nervous disposition but I think he should be ok as he always sleeps with me.

I have also bought him an extendable lead (with a torch) for the new garden as it is in the front next to a road and I noticed a hole in the hedge. I also think he will enjoy his walks more with a bit more freedom.

They make you so happy don't they.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So nice to read about the doggie, I would love to rescue one.

Great news on the holiday to it is nice to have something to look for.

Keep plugging away. It sometimes feels like time stands still. We will get there though xx
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do it MT, you wont regret it :D

I hope Mr D settles well in your new home Tink, I think he will, I suspect he will follow your lead. As you settle in, the stress will lift and happiness will return so Mr D will pick up on that.

We will Rebecca, patience is key for the long haul!

xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• bellevie
    Options
    So today, although no job adverts yet it was confirmed that an extra head will be allocated to the team I want to work in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing is, as we have one person at risk I think she will quite rightly be prioritised if she chooses to apply. She has made it clear she doesn't actually want the role, but it pays the same as her current role so she would apply for it, until something better came up.

I sent a quick email to the manager of that team, she said she will find me tomorrow to answer my questions, she did say when my work came to an end I should apply if any roles come. That said, at the time we didn't know about the person at risk, which I suspect has put a spanner in the works.

Still I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Popped into wilkos on my lunch break, dd's toothpaste was half price, my deodorant was half price, and chocolate peanuts where in stock! It was a good lunch break :D
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    I spoke to the manager about the job coming up. It is part time :( Now that I'm very close to moving completely away from the top up in benefits I don't want to take that step back and rely on them even more....

I've been contemplating applying to do that job alongside my current role, hr have allowed it in the past. My only gripe is, I know from doing the over time it was a lot harder than just a standard full time job, despite doing the normal hours the roles always overlapped, I was pulled in both directions and by the end of the overtime period I was exhausted.

For the small amount of pay increase it would mean, I really am not sure it would be worth while.

I will give the advert a read over and double check my figures, but I am not as excited as I initially was.

Shop in Aldi done today, which would have been cheap - it was at £29.....until I saw kids bikes in there!!! For the first time in a very long time, DD had a play date leaving me to do the food shop in peace. It should have been cheap - but it was the most expensive because of this bike! I had been looking around for the next size up as she has outgrown her little one, but they were all over £100, even in the sales. This one was £59.99! So I went ahead. It should have been easy to put together but I am stuck on one thing, the brake link, I put the front wheel in I cant for the life of my clip the brake on! Everything else is ready, except for arguably the most crucial part grrrrr. My friend has offered to pop over next weekend and try, so dd will have to be a little patient.

I had to submit my readings for gas & elect this week, they have added £28 to my DD:( It was very cheap at £57 it has to be said. On the otherhand, later on this week I got a notification they had new deals on, so I checked and they had a lower price bringing my payments down to £60! So small increase on original price, but not as expensive as it was going to be! DD has to stay high for the next couple of months to clear this quarters expenditure, but I should be able to decrease it next quarter.

DD & Mr T have fallen asleep on the sofa, just sitting here with them is making me yawn!

I blitzed the house whilst DD was out, managed to get loads done and I am aching as a result, I will sleep well tonight!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    I done it I done it I done it!!! I am really chuffed, dd's bike is up a little late in the day but ready for tomorrow at least!I decided it cant have been set the correct size for the wheel, so I removed the wheel, measured it sealed and sure enough it wasn't wide enough. I extended the cable by 2mm and there we are! I scooted down the garden a few times testing the brakes, feels good. I actually felt a bit sad to hand over to DD. When I have the extra space I must get myself a bike!
    Im not a commuter, I would hate to cycle in the roads with the way people drive around here, but there are plenty of nice cycle paths and I could easily manage the local corner shops. My nan had a little bike with a basket, she would cycle down to the bakery and get fresh pain au chocolate every weekend...memories :heart:
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    I set up my help to buy Isa yesterday. I was waiting to get more for my initial payment, but my current Isa which had not very much in following Mr T's arrival (!) only pays 1% anyway so there wasn't much point in holding out,

Mr T this morning has managed to work out getting down the stairs! Huge cheers from me and DD, we were getting fed up of carrying him down every morning and everytime he follows us up!

I am a little bit miffed today, I had an invoice from yves rocher - I love love love their products.....turns out, despite me NOT ASKING for a credit account, they didn't take the payment - and I did enter my card details. I have instead received an invoice 2 months later! No interest charged, thankfully but it did give me a little head ache. I was going through bank statements, I remember it pending to go out so I thought it had. I couldn't see it on either of my accounts and both had enough to cover it should it come out.

Unfortunately this means I'll be reluctant to order from them again. I love their nettle shampoo, its the only thing that controls my itchy dandruff. I never used to suffer, but since DD my hair gets greasy very quickly and the slightest delay causes itchy dandruff. For a while the only relief was washing my hair daily which was a PITA - (long & curly). Since using it I stick to every other day, and occasionally I can get a 3rd day in if I need to - usually when I shower too late in the day and don't want to wake DD up with the hair dryer!

I know I didn't loose out as there was no interest charged, but I feel uneasy that its happened with me knowing nothing until an invoice lands on my matt!

I would ordinarily have noticed but I know I had lots of little bits coming out at the same time for the build up to Christmas, still feel cross at myself for missing it!

Enjoying a chilled Saturday, though I will have to get cracking with the housework at some point today!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    Yesterday, whilst I did get a bit done was very calm.

Today we have collected the food shop, I've had a head ache for a few days and couldn't stand the thought of walking around the supermarket, so I done a quick order with Sainsbury sticking to £25 budget before bed last night. I do love that things like click & collect exist.

More washing done, bed covers are in the tumble dryer, school uniform dotted around the radiators / clothes horse!

Not done a huge amount, on and off contemplation about the future, as happens most weekends....

Spag bol for tea, Im going to try to make extra so I can take some to work tomorrow.
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• catriona79
    Options
    Whey, great done on the help to buy ISA set up. Small steps, you'll get there! I remember when I was starting out saving up for deposit, it soon grows and also it makes you focussed and gives satisfaction

Ah you're INFJ, contemplating the future! :) I can relate to your musings.

Hope you're well x
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills