Ebay - receiving money from paypal

Options
I recently (May 15th) sold a brand new iPhone on ebay - I received payment a few minutes after selling it, so I shipped it out for next day delivery on the 16th and the buyer received the phone on the 17th.

I can see the money in my paypal account, however it says it is pending. I marked the order as shipped and put tracking information on the ebay ad to quicken the process but it is still not yet available. I've been looking round on the internet but I can't seem to find any definite timeframes in which people should receive their money.

Can anyone clarify roughly how long the money should take to become available and if there's anything more I can do on my end to speed it up?

Cheers

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2018 at 11:05AM
    Options
    ba95xx wrote: »
    I recently (May 15th) sold a brand new iPhone on ebay - I received payment a few minutes after selling it, so I shipped it out for next day delivery on the 16th and the buyer received the phone on the 17th.

I can see the money in my paypal account, however it says it is pending. I marked the order as shipped and put tracking information on the ebay ad to quicken the process but it is still not yet available. I've been looking round on the internet but I can't seem to find any definite timeframes in which people should receive their money.

Can anyone clarify roughly how long the money should take to become available and if there's anything more I can do on my end to speed it up?

Cheers

Hang on- what do you mean pending? Did you get an email about a 21 day hold, or does the payment merely show as pending/ uncleared. What exactly did the email notification say - this is VERY important.

EDIT: I do hope the OP comes back to this thread.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ba95xx
    ba95xx Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    The money is showing in my account but it is not yet available for me to use. I can't find any email talking about a 21 day hold or any email saying when the funds will become available. The only emails from ebay I have are one to say that a buyer has purchased the phone and then another just saying that he has paid me and that I need to dispatch the phone. I completed all of the things that decrease the time for funds to be available that ebay mentioned.

I've had ebay for a while and sold things in the past but it has been well over a year since I last sold anything on there - maybe this is why they're holding my money for a little longer(?).
  • soolin
    Options
    ba95xx wrote: »
    The money is showing in my account but it is not yet available for me to use. I can't find any email talking about a 21 day hold or any email saying when the funds will become available. The only emails from ebay I have are one to say that a buyer has purchased the phone and then another just saying that he has paid me and that I need to dispatch the phone. I completed all of the things that decrease the time for funds to be available that ebay mentioned.

I've had ebay for a while and sold things in the past but it has been well over a year since I last sold anything on there - maybe this is why they're holding my money for a little longer(?).

Forget the ebay side of things, concentrate on what the paypal payment says.This sounds like the 21 day hold, but I am a lttle concerned that you had no 'you've got funds' email from paypal. When you open the transaction in paypal what does it say? Hopefully in the top box it says 'OK to send'.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ba95xx
    ba95xx Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Okay I've just gone onto my paypal on the computer (I use my phone most of the time) and it said there was a problem with my account so I just completed a few security questions to confirm my identity. It's now given me a fund availability date (21st May) so hopefully I should be able to use it tomorrow. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I assumed everything was okay with my paypal and it was just an ebay problem as it never mentioned any security problems on my phone.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You should check it isnt a spoof email from Paypal as I have ahd a few of those...
  • soolin
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    You should check it isnt a spoof email from Paypal as I have ahd a few of those...

which email? OP didn't actually get any emails from paypal and if you read the last few posts OP has correctly gone into the paypal account and sorted it out.

If you don't have any emails then they can't be a spoof?
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You`re right- sorry I misread it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family