Selling sim cards on Ebay

Options
2»

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    puzzles me why people would buy sims on ebay as you cant get them on most highstreets and every supermarket from 50p or even going to a provider website and you can get free sims
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    puzzles me why people would buy sims on ebay as you cant get them on most highstreets and every supermarket from 50p or even going to a provider website and you can get free sims

Err because in this case he got £10 credit for £8.

I was asking what happens next ie what is the Ebay procedure in such cases ?
  • Daz2009
    Options
    Pun wrote: »
    Did you really expect 3 to get back to you? Why would they, not least because you are asking them to answer questions about a third party without his consent for you to ask.

For £7.99, I'd refund and be done with the hassle (and if there is a next time for selling a SIM, spell out in the listing that they buyer will need to contact the provider to get the top up).

They did get back to me initially but wanted info I couldn't supply,as you say because of data protection
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Err because in this case he got £10 credit for £8.

I was asking what happens next ie what is the Ebay procedure in such cases ?
    but he has not because 3 wont give him it as he is not the original purchaser.

simple SNAD
  • jay56
    jay56 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options

Some buyers like interesting numbers..I've sold a few sims on Ebay over the years. For instance,Goths like ones ending in 666,and ones ending in 888 are usually bought by Chinese people.
  • Daz2009
    Options
    but he has not because 3 wont give him it as he is not the original purchaser.

simple SNAD
    They did !
  • Daz2009
    Options
    Pun wrote: »
    Did you really expect 3 to get back to you? Why would they, not least because you are asking them to answer questions about a third party without his consent for you to ask.

For £7.99, I'd refund and be done with the hassle (and if there is a next time for selling a SIM, spell out in the listing that they buyer will need to contact the provider to get the top up).

Good job I didn't take your advice.
    I opened a case with Ebay and an hour later they closed the case by issuing the buyer a refund AND allowed me to keep payment too !

"
    This case is now closed. You aren't required to reimburse the buyer or eBay and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

I'm quite happy with that.

Oh and 3 did get back to me this morning to tell me they had put the £10 topup on when the buyer had phoned and that he topped up a further £20 the next day.

I think there's 2 lessons here.
    1. Spell out in the listing that you may have to phone the network to get the credit added
    2.Don't bother asking for advice on internet forums :)
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Good job I didn't take your advice.

I think there's 2 lessons here.
    1. Spell out in the listing that you may have to phone the network to get the credit added
    2.Don't bother asking for advice on internet forums :)
    and
    3. Don't bother offering advice to ungrateful posters on internet forums :)
  • Daz2009
    Options
    qsk wrote: »
    and
    3. Don't bother offering advice to ungrateful posters on internet forums :)
    Yeh advising me to give a refund was really helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport