MP Energy: Boiler replacement scheme

Options
Hi, does anybody have any experience with a company called MP Energy Team? Apparently I qualify for a new boiler fitting under a grant scheme but I'm always suspect of doorstep callers. Apparently they are based in Preston but I am in South Leeds. Thanks in advance for any advice.:)

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 18 October 2016 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Hi, does anybody have any experience with a company called MP Energy Team? Apparently I qualify for a new boiler fitting under a grant scheme but I'm always suspect of doorstep callers. Apparently they are based in Preston but I am in South Leeds. Thanks in advance for any advice.:)

They're from the wrong side of the Pennines, of course they're scammers ;)

( a good rule of thumb, is never buy anything from somebody on the doorstep, they aren't looking to do you a favour. Do your own research and take your time, if you think you need something)
  • MrsWarren83
    Options
    Thank you Mr K. You're right of course. My problem is that I can never say no to these people!
  • face-t
    face-t Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have applied under Boiler Grant scheme with SSE and they assigned this company as a contractor to do the job [their phone number ending 418727 sent in official SSE letter].

PS
    I was just looking for them in ggogle and found nothing. I have a Q myself... but will get a new topic on that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure