IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

my draft defence Gladstones - PCM Court action

Options

Comments

• Sassii
    Sassii Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2017 at 9:10AM
    Options
    safarmuk wrote: »
    can you report on what the DJ said in relation to awarding all your costs ... this is a unusually high amount to be awarded so very well done indeed.

The judge was intend to order only the amount of the claim form but I explained to him that PCM / Gladstones never support their claim form with any single evidence & I spent 3 months going around my self printing & managing thousands of paper & exposing my personal details to them. Then I ended I think it's a type of fraud to wast my time if I didn't pay the alleged PCN. I asked for £2607.

I used '' http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72639343#post72639343 '' in my cost application letter

Judge said: '' It's unreasonable behave from commercial company against individual but I can't allow all the amount the defendant asked for and I order £1500 against defendant costs''.
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Judge said: '' It's unreasonable behave from commercial company against individual but I can't allow all the amount the defendant asked for and I order £1500 against defendant costs''.
    So you got costs for "unreasonable behaviour" ... just to make you feel better a barrister recently got the same amount against Parking Eye when they didn't show (although PE say they didn't show as their was a mistake in the hearing allocation date). Well done.

Am trying to catch up on your other threads too.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Fantastic to hear Sassii
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well worth a bump for others to see these £1500 costs awarded!

Sassii, are you still in time to lodge an appeal (you have to move quickly) re the wrong decision not to allow your CCJ set aside application last month?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sassii, are you still in time to lodge an appeal (you have to move quickly) re the wrong decision not to allow your CCJ set aside application last month?

...and funded courtesy of PCM by all accounts...nice job!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 October 2017 at 5:48PM
    Options
    Molts wrote: »
    ...and funded courtesy of PCM by all accounts...nice job!

There’s one set-aside that was refused by a judge, so that’s the one which CM is querying. PCM have paid nothing in relation to that one. Or am I missing something?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No just quipping that if you were to appeal the disgraceful set-aside decision the £1500 you were awarded for unreasonable behaviour from PCM could help fund the appeal, which, of course, you may get back if successful...
  • Sassii
    Options
    Molts wrote: »
    No just quipping that if you were to appeal the disgraceful set-aside decision the £1500 you were awarded for unreasonable behaviour from PCM could help fund the appeal, which, of course, you may get back if successful...

Yes that is my plan.
  • Sassii
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Appeal sent to court waiting for decision. I'll update on the set aside thread.

Regards
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just spotted on PP , well done everyone !

I hope they hold gladrags responsible for the costs
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills