TSB still haven't paid my £75 switching bonus, no information anybody else know anything?

Options
My account finished switching to TSB in early April, due to their switching offer that meant I should have got £75 in early May. I asked in the branch a couple of days after the deadline and was told "they were aware of the issue" Since then I have received no more information. When I went in the branch a few weeks later the staff there had completely "forgotten" that any such promotion ever existed, I called customer services, spending 40 minutes on the phone, (not free), only to have the guy tell me he can't tell me anything and didn't have a clue and saying make a complaint. I've made weekly online complaints that all get ignored. Is there anybody else who completed the switch in early April, just before the IT disaster? Did you get the £75? Do you have any more information on what is happening with the £75?

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Complaints are taking 7-8 weeks to get responded to
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yep, similar timing; I've not had my referral bonus and my referee hasn't had theirs either.
  • crashingout
    crashingout Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also haven't received my £75 switching bonus from early april and neither have the two friends I referred, and I also haven't had the £75 for referring each of them. I have put in three complaints but only ever received one letter confirming the complaints. Very poor service.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 July 2018 at 10:12AM
    Options
    You need to get the referee to call the switching benefits team: direct line below (it's option 1 for inbound switches).

0345 835 7838.

They'll need to tell the adviser their account (and some personal) details and also state the account details and name of the person that referred them and also the ID reference in the referral link.

e.g. if the referral link was https://www.tsb.co.uk/plus3c?wt.mc_id=Q1MGMXXXXXX then the reference would be Q1MGMXXXXXX where the Xs are filled with numbers and one letter.

If they've met all the criteria then they'll be paid within 3 days. If it's only the cookies that didn't track when they opened the account through your referral link (so that you don't appear on their spreadsheet tracker), then they make an exception and pay it.

You can also get the referee to email tsbswitchers@tsb.co.uk stating the same details (including copying the link that they opened the account through, the name and account details of the referrer, and their own name and account details). If they call the adviser may tell them to do this anyway.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally got ours paid. I was motivated to chase this up by your post, Ed-1, thanks.
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 July 2018 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Calavera - I think it was me that referred you following your post on here? I had a massive delay in getting the recommend a friend reward but it was finally paid on 2 July - I complained once via e-mail (I looked up the old complaints e-mail address on this site as they stopped publicising it following the massive problems they had!). Not received a response to the complaint, just got the £75 out of the blue. Happy to help in any way re your complaint
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure