local "tick" card - is the debt enforceable?

Options

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    Does he have a licence to operate/offer credit? Ask him that it might shut him up if the truth is no.

And if he isn't it will likely result in this "scheme" coming to an end, which will ultimately mean the OP is shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Brigidir
    Brigidir Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    And if he isn't it will likely result in this "scheme" coming to an end, which will ultimately mean the OP is shooting themselves in the foot.

i wouldnt go there again after that anyway so no love lost here
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brigidir wrote: »
    i

i dont care what the goody-two-shoes say above. i know if the shoe was on the other foot and they were spoken to badly they wouldnt bother paying and not go back to the shop.

Don't apply your own lack of values to others simply to make yourself feel better.

Stand by your decision if you believe in it but don't try to drag others to your level.
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've clearly made up your mind not to pay it, so deal with the consequences.
  • Brigidir
    Options
    Don't apply your own lack of values to others simply to make yourself feel better.

Stand by your decision if you believe in it but don't try to drag others to your level.

do you apply that train of thought to loan sharks as well then? ah well, just pay em off because of moral values. not to spite the fact they are unlicensed unregulated and unfair bullies.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    i would. it wasnt a bit rude. he was pure arrogant and nasty about it. changed payment terms simply because i was 12 hours late with paying online.

You'd just write off £137 of debt that someone owed you. Just like that. You'd just wave your hands in the air and say "Oh well, fair enough"

I don't believe you.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i would. it wasnt a bit rude. he was pure arrogant and nasty about it. changed payment terms simply because i was 12 hours late with paying online.

Shopkeepers are rarely "rolling in it" so his arrogance and nastiness was likely because he's worried about paying his own bills.

Even then, maybe you should speak to "collections" at a major bank. You'll find they're anything but polite.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're struggling with this personal responsibility concept aren't you?
  • Brigidir
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    Shopkeepers are rarely "rolling in it" so his arrogance and nastiness was likely because he's worried about paying his own bills.

Even then, maybe you should speak to "collections" at a major bank. You'll find they're anything but polite.

at-least they are regulated and licenced. these people are cowboys.
  • Brigidir
    Options
    You're struggling with this personal responsibility concept aren't you?

no but i am struggling to understand your logic

pay off a load of arrogant rude and unlicenced cowboys just to keep your moral compass in the right bearing. same thing applies to loan sharks and backstreet brokers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure