PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Insurance between exchange and completion

Options
I'm trying to get insurance between exchange and completion and nowhere seems to offer it. Inurance sites ask how many people live in a property and other questions that don't apply four this period.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get insurance between exchange and completion?

Many thanks :)

Rob

Comments

• anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Phone them up and speak to a human. They all do it, it may just not be programmed into the website.
  • Pip89
    Pip89 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks... will do third first thing
  • KL0001
    KL0001 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ask your current provider? Our will provide us with insurance between exchange and completion (building only) along side our current insurance on the house we are living in.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Could also check whether the sellers insurance will cover buyers for buildings insurance between exchange and completion. I was surprised to find that my MiLs Co-Operative Insurance policy had a clause in it that provided this additional element.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Could also check whether the sellers insurance will cover buyers for buildings insurance between exchange and completion. I was surprised to find that my MiLs Co-Operative Insurance policy had a clause in it that provided this additional element.

It would be risky for a buyer to rely on the seller's insurance - unless a special term is put in the house sale contract saying that the seller must insure.

(The risk is that the buyer cannot be sure that the seller has insured the property adequately.)
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    eddddy wrote: »
    It would be risky for a buyer to rely on the seller's insurance - unless a special term is put in the house sale contract saying that the seller must insure.

(The risk is that the buyer cannot be sure that the seller has insured the property adequately.)

Plus the seller could just reuse to make a claim. No way I would rely on the sellers insurance!
  • AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I bought a few years ago, my lender, the Nationwide, offered this as standard (and I think, without cost, or at negligible added cost) if you insured with them the 1st year. Which I did before switching to a cheaper home insurer in years 2+
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    KL0001 wrote: »
    Ask your current provider? Our will provide us with insurance between exchange and completion (building only) along side our current insurance on the house we are living in.

Which is exactly what ours did.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills