Virgin Media Complaints Team

Options
Does anyone have a phone number of the Virgin Media Complaints team that is not the 150 number.

I have been without broadband since the 27th June, promised it would be working on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th July and it still isn't, when I have phoned 150 they have told me that theres not a complaints team - which I find hard to believe, but then at the moment i find anything that Virgin are telling me hard to believe - they won't send an engineer out but won't tell me what the problem is, I think its an area problem, but really don't know. It is incredibly frustrating when you contact them!

Thank you
Fibro-Warrior

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Google is your friend-

How to complain directly. Virgin Media's customer service team is on 0345 454 1111 for broadband, TV and home phone customers, and 0345 6000 789 for mobile customers.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A site set-up by Martin Lewis - search for Virgin Media:
    https://www.resolver.co.uk/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone have a phone number of the Virgin Media Complaints team that is not the 150 number.

I have been without broadband since the 27th June, promised it would be working on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th July and it still isn't, when I have phoned 150 they have told me that theres not a complaints team - which I find hard to believe, but then at the moment i find anything that Virgin are telling me hard to believe - they won't send an engineer out but won't tell me what the problem is, I think its an area problem, but really don't know. It is incredibly frustrating when you contact them!

Thank you

There isn't a separate number for complaints for VM, that's what the 150 & 0345 454 1111 numbers are for (the 0345 454 1111 number takes you to exactly the same people as 150 from a VM landline or mobile does).

Try https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status to see if there's anything listed. Is this for a new installation or an existing one?
  • no.1swimmum
    no.1swimmum Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for all your help, I'm sorry that i could not get back and thank you before but Virgin only restored my broadband yesterday after 22 days of no service and because I've not been at work, and I used up all the data on my phone I couldn't reply.

I've found that the numbers quoted definatly take you to the same team, which I have spent dozens on hours on the phone to and not really any help - yesterday's engineer was the fourth that I booked with Virgin cancelling the previous 3, with out even telling me. To say that I am annoyed with them doen't even cover it, especially when I found out 2 days ago that the whole problem was caused by a technician damaging wires at the junction box.

I will be persuing them for compensation for the lack of service, the extra data that the boys have had on their phones, they have told me they will look into this, but I won't hold my breath, if I get no joy from them then I will take my complaint to CISAS - suffice it to say I have cancelled my contract with them and am now looking at who to go with for my new service (hopefully theyll have better customer service)
    Fibro-Warrior
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for all your help, I'm sorry that i could not get back and thank you before but Virgin only restored my broadband yesterday after 22 days of no service and because I've not been at work, and I used up all the data on my phone I couldn't reply.

I've found that the numbers quoted definatly take you to the same team, which I have spent dozens on hours on the phone to and not really any help - yesterday's engineer was the fourth that I booked with Virgin cancelling the previous 3, with out even telling me. To say that I am annoyed with them doen't even cover it, especially when I found out 2 days ago that the whole problem was caused by a technician damaging wires at the junction box.

I will be persuing them for compensation for the lack of service, the extra data that the boys have had on their phones, they have told me they will look into this, but I won't hold my breath, if I get no joy from them then I will take my complaint to CISAS - suffice it to say I have cancelled my contract with them and am now looking at who to go with for my new service (hopefully theyll have better customer service)

You'll get nothing for your sons using extra data on their phones so I'd drop that and don't bother mentioning it. If you've already scheduled a cancellation there's a good chance you'll get not a lot as compensation for the lack of service anyway. If you're set on leaving they won't care about appeasing you after all.

Hopefully they'll get back to you with a good offer to retain you, don't turn it down just because you're annoyed with them as the issue with the cables could happen with any supplier.
  • jsinc
    jsinc Posts: 306 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...I will be persuing them for compensation for the lack of service, the extra data that the boys have had on their phones, they have told me they will look into this, but I won't hold my breath, if I get no joy from them then I will take my complaint to CISAS - suffice it to say I have cancelled my contract with them and am now looking at who to go with for my new service (hopefully theyll have better customer service)
    Maybe too late if you've already cancelled, but calling them and having a polite grumble usually works (select options for 'thinking of leaving', not the sales team). I had ongoing problems with broadband for a couple of months. Initially received a £3.60 credit, then later another £18, then they came to change the router (and actually fix it). Have now received a price increase letter - will grumble about that too esp given previous issues.
  • GB2020
    GB2020 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Firstly. My account was compromised and phone number stolen by a fraudster despite me having a 10 digit password
    Second. despite being told I would get a call from VM fraud department within 24 hours i didnt.
    Third. Fraudsters then took thousands of pounds from my credit card using my phone number.
    Fourth, after a week of chasing VM customer service my number was reverted back to VM. But on PAYG 
    Fifth. VM are unable to put me back on my existing monthly contract, saying it doesnt exist. 
    Six. I am still being billed for a contract that doesnt exist.  Today a VM DD took money from my bank for it.
    Seven. VM customer service is totally ineffective and rubbish.
    I have been offered a new 12 month contract but really who would want a contract with VM after this.
    How can I get anywhere with these clowns. Maybe just tell as many people as I can to keep away 
  • Nemo101
    Nemo101 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    During lockdown i called and cancelled. Couple of days after I received a call from retention team whom offered me cashback credit on account, advised me to ignore the contract which would be wrong. 
    I emailed a complaint as I wasnt able to get hold of anyone over the phone. Finally got two letters advising me to contact via phone, or text. Didnt get far with text they just stopped replying after day 4 of transferring me. 

I called last week and the operators said no notes on the system about any cashback, they couldnt listen to calls which arent used for this. I should have called and cancelled within 14 days.

The supervisor took another week to call me back, shes now going to request the call tanscript even though she didnt want to, so either they have the call and me accepting the contract otherwise i was mis-sold and they committed fraud.
  • JP_C
    Options
                    Virgin Media - I need a little help and advice here.Now it transpires I have been billed £149 pound of which they have credited me approx £70.00. I would like an audit on my bill and my money back but here is the kicker.They will not return any credit until 45 days after the final bill and are holding onto monies until equipment has been returned this was done .Under Covid 19 they were not collecting equipment  so it seems as if they are up to their old tricks again refusing to refund customers until they feel like it. 
                     For the second time around they are  holding onto monies credited to my account.I was with them before very happy with the service and then the costs crept up and up to nearly £110 per month! When I tried to negotiate a reduction they mugged me off with a tenner a month when they knew full well they would increase the cost mid term to its original level. The first time from 2010-2012  they threatened to bill me nearly £500 to leave as an early exit.that practice has now finished however I rejoined after a month and they treated me as a new customer on a new customers lower rate.this practice has also ceased. Had they done this before i wouldn't have left. But yet again the same happened and I left for another provider in July 2020 amidst lock down only to find my contract was cancelled on 8th August even though my services stopped early July 2020. 
                   Look forward to replies 

• KMolloy
    Options

I’ve just spent over an hour (70mins!) on the phone to Virgin Media responding to an email request from them asking me to contact them about updating my pone line to fibre optics, I was transferred 3 times, each time being told that I was being transferred to the ‘correct’ department to deal with my call.  Each time I was transferred I had to go through the same security/’GDPR’ questions and repeat the entire story again. When I complained about how long I had been on the phone the operator said she would write up a complaint, transfer me to another department to deal with the request and close the complaint –is there any point to write a complaint and close immediately without any further action?  I appreciate that operators can have a hard time but they jo is to deal with complaints…  On the last transfer they just cut me off.

What a wonderful customer service system, not!

Then they had the audacity to call me back - they called me - and started asking all of the questions all over again!

I don’t actually have a house phone (I’m sure few people do these days) even though Virgin Media requires that I pay for one in order to use the Broadband and TV package. I have a pay-as-you-go mobile I ran out of credit, call ended. 

sorry for venting, initial email I received said I had to have the phone line changed to fibre optics or my service would be discontinued - does anyone know if that is actually the case? Can't they just send an engineer to change it over, we're in lockdown, I'm working form home so just send someone out. Is this even safe right now?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback