Motability crash

Options
Morning,

Last night my partner who has a Motability car was reversing on to my drive, i live on a small cul-de- sac and as he has done so he has side swiped mine (which was parked on the road) ripped my front bumper off and dented (badly) his front bumper and driver's side wing.
Insurance have all been informed.

Has anyone had any experience going through motability insurance? How quick they get you car in to be repaird etc?

Any help would be great!
Thanks

Comments

• D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    About 8 years ago had to make a claim on Motability insurance and they were quick - they took car away, got repairs done and vehicle was back with driver in about 3 days as I recall.

If Motability insurers are still Royal Sun then they may still be as quick, but probably depends on availability of spares, how busy repair shop is, etc.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on the local body shop contracted to do their repairs primarily. Years ago I was rear ended in my motability car, back end caved in, needed new door and other bits. They took it in the next day, gave me a courtesy car but took 2 weeks to get my own car back. Given the extent of the damage I wasn't overly surprised at that. But then, in a different car, the bin lorry ripped the drivers side mirror off at its root. The car was collected within an hour of telling the insurance, but again it took two weeks for it to be returned and it was an hours job if that, no body damage just needed the root of the mirror replacing and wiring reconnecting, but there's a queue at the body shop.

Hope both of your cars get repaired quickly, and well!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It sounds like the cars are driveable?
    Can you therefore wait until parts/paint are in stock before taking the car for repair?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure