Do TUI have any Black Friday deals?

Options
Historically, do TUI usually have any Black Friday deals?

We are looking to book a holiday for April 2020 (very specific dates) so need to book early. TUI have released 2020 holidays and the price for this holiday has increased by £250 since Friday meaning we probably can't afford it now.

I'm just wondering whether they have increased the prices so show a good deal when they add the Black Friday discount?

Hoping the price drops after Black Friday

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any Black Friday deals, and I cannot recall whether TUI entertains them or not, are for holidays that may not sell at a higher price. If April 2020 coincides with Easter then I would not expect them to need to discount and the fact that price has increased by £250 already suggests that is the case
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sadly, being a teacher I have to pay top prices for holidays. This holiday is for the 2 week school holiday period over Easter.

The price increase is massive from 2019 to 2020 (same school holiday 2 weeks) it's a £485 increase pp.
  • louby40
    Options
    Typical, TUI increase their prices by £250 pp to then offer £150 off Black Friday discount codes!!

I don't think so !!! I'll wait till you put them back down.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    Why TUI and not an alternative ?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Typical, TUI increase their prices by £250 pp to then offer £150 off Black Friday discount codes!!

I don't think so !!! I'll wait till you put them back down.

Not +£250 but I have to agree, in some examples of holidays that I have been watching, TUI do seem to have increased prices over and above the £50/£75 pp saving being offered under the current Black Friday sale. Poor show.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2018 at 9:33AM
    Options
    I'm amazed just how easy it is to 'suck' people in with these 'special deals'.

If Black Friday was just a one day, once a year event, then fine.....but it seems to go on forever like Christmas.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TUI sent me a black friday event e-mail today,i have deleed it without reading it,so the answer to the original post is-yes they do do them
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ganga wrote: »
    TUI sent me a black friday event e-mail today,i have deleed it without reading it,so the answer to the original post is-yes they do do them

Strangely enough, I also received a black Friday email from them this morning and deleted it without reading!
  • louby40
    Options
    TUI is very slightly cheaper and comes with some security I feel.

I've researched it by going DIY but by the time you've added on luggage and transfers it works out roughly equal.

I'd prefer to go with TUI as if anything goes wrong (think ash cloud) you're sorted. This is a long haul holiday. If I was going to Europe then I'd go DIY.

Plus we can only go on the Saturday so flights are limited. Believe me I've researched it a LOT.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    I'd prefer to go with TUI as if anything goes wrong (think ash cloud) you're sorted. This is a long haul holiday. If I was going to Europe then I'd go DIY
    Being stranded in Europe due to such as the 2010 ash cloud calamity is hardly much less of a drama than if it happened further away.

We were in a nice 4 star hotel in Malta on a Thomas Cook package, there was also a large party of Irish guests who had gone down the DIY route.

When flights were grounded they were obliged to find other accommodation or pay the extra nights at full rate until they were able to get home - TC had a duty of care responsibility for their clients and we stayed on another 4 nights on the same half board deal (as did Thomsons clients) at no cost to us.

TC then chartered an Air Malta flight and took us all back and advised how to claim insurance for out of pocket expenses etc.

The Irish party ended up paying nearly 1000 Euros each to get back to Eire via 3 ferries and 2 coaches.

Happy to go package deals since then !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure