IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN first notice from debt recovery

Options
Hi. I received a notice from a debt recovery agency working on behalf of Premier Parking on 3rd November 2018 (dated 24/10/18). they are requiring me to pay £100 pcn plus admin charge of £70. I have no wish to pay this as it seems a little unfair to say the least that this is the first notice I have had of any charges owed. Parking charge probably is owed BTW as was in the area at the time and research shows they have a good success rate at prosecution on this car park.

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

IGNORE debt collectors
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is not a penalty, and they cannot prosecute you. You need to do a lot of reading. Start with the stickies/FAQs.

Do not pay any of them a penny unless they take you to court (Civil) and win. |It is one huge scam, read this
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..,

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    oli_belson wrote: »
    Hi. I received a notice from a debt recovery agency working on behalf of Premier Parking on 3rd November 2018 (dated 24/10/18). they are requiring me to pay £100 pcn plus admin charge of £70. I have no wish to pay this as it seems a little unfair to say the least that this is the first notice I have had of any charges owed. Parking charge probably is owed BTW as was in the area at the time and research shows they have a good success rate at prosecution on this car park.

Any advice gratefully received.

STUPID DRP ...... IT'S A MONEY SCAM.... IGNORE THEM

Have a good laugh at this rubbish by reading this
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

YOU OWE THESE IDIOTS .... NOTHING
  • Blessedly_Brian
    Options
    Hi, Debt collector is ZZPS, anyone any experience of them or is it a case of same across the board? Obviously I don't want this to escalate but am not inclined to pay up at this stage.

have looked up this car park on the web and following ParkingEye Vs Beavis case apparently they have been fairly successful however given that my first notification was from a debt collector I'm not sure whether they are able to prosecute.

Further thoughts on this anyone? Many thanks for responses so far but I'm still a bit unsure of just ignoring them.

Thanks

Oli
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...I'm still a bit unsure of just ignoring them.
    Well that's the advice you have been given.

You need to decide whether you want to follow it or not.
    It really is that simple.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Debt collector is ZZPS, anyone any experience of them or is it a case of same across the board?

This is answered, very clearly and unequivocally in Post 4. Please go and actually read it..!
  • blisteringblue
    Options

Further thoughts on this anyone? Many thanks for responses so far but I'm still a bit unsure of just ignoring them.

You will get about 3 or 4 of them before they give up. I got my last one over 12 months ago and nothing since. Seriously they are just junk mail.
  • Blessedly_Brian
    Blessedly_Brian Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2018 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Thankyou. Apologies for timewasting. and thanks for advice, thankyou for your time.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2018 at 11:32PM
    Options
    Thankyou. Apologies for timewasting. and thanks for advice, I will shortly be deleting this, but thankyou for your time.
    Deleting what?

Surely you would want to leave your experiences, your questions and the answers to them here for the benefit of others who may be suffering a similar problem?

That is one of the huge benefits of a forum like this.[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport