Virgin Media Packages Does It Include any free Films

Options
Ollie_Orpin
Ollie_Orpin Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 22 April 2018 at 10:11AM in Phones & TV
If you are subscribed to the Virgin Media XL package does it include any old free films like The Godfather , Sleepless in Seatle etc or do you have to sign up at an additional cost to another package to receive these sort of films.. i know if you go to the On demand section on the V6 box and search you can find these films but once there it directs you to another page which looks like you have to pay.

Comments

• Martin85
    Martin85 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    You can films like the Godfather on U tube through the Virgin V6 box although the quality is not very good. I don't think Virgin Media offer free films via On Demand, despite being able to find it when you type in the search. The indications are that there is charge to watch any films that you cannot pick up from showings of any of the TV channels. Perhaps someone knows differently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Virgin have their On Demand section which includes the likes of Virgin Movies (a rental service where you pay per film) and the new Virgin Media Store (where you're buying the content outright). The catch up services are there too such as iPlayer and All4. Whether what you want on them is another thing entirely.
  • notisis
    notisis Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are some movie channels with Full House TV XL package. Take a look here http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels.html scroll down a bit to see the full channel list and then amend your selection to Movies. You can then take a look at what's showing on those channels via the tv listings. Seems you get Sony Movies, Film4, Movies 24, TCM, Movies4Men and I think there'll be some foreign films as well eg Bollywood type.
  • Lagamorph
    Lagamorph Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    notisis wrote: »
    There are some movie channels with Full House TV XL package. Take a look here http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels.html scroll down a bit to see the full channel list and then amend your selection to Movies. You can then take a look at what's showing on those channels via the tv listings. Seems you get Sony Movies, Film4, Movies 24, TCM, Movies4Men and I think there'll be some foreign films as well eg Bollywood type.
    At least some of those are free channels you can get through Freeview so presumably you'd get them on any Virgin Media package.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure