IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Scotland

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    VCS keep telling me to appeal to Popla but we don't have that in scotland.
    Highly unlikely - please show us.
    Is there not one specific company address, solicitor or main appeals place to tell your story too?
    Just the landowner, otherwise ignore anything other than real Sheriff Court papers - come back if you get these.

VCS have 5 years to issue, but the overall number of such cases in Scotland you can count on the fingers of two hands - unlikely to happen on a single ticket, they're more interested in multiple tickets, like Carly Mackie with £24k's worth of tickets.

Stop communicating with VCS - there's nothing to be gained. You're showing you're worried, so they will keep pressing you. All they want is your money.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you tell VCS who the driver was?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I would think that VCS may be breaking rules issued by there trade assoc by offering POPLa

for a kick off VCS left the BPA , the body that issues POPLa codes back in 29/09/2014
  • Rumpole93
    Rumpole93 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately I did. Never had PCN before.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2018 at 11:18PM
    Options
    because they know the drivers details, they could try a court case within 5 years

I do not believe they are offering POPLA at all , because VCS are in the IPC and so they offer the IAS for appealing (the kangaroo court)

the debt collectors are powerless so ignore them

I dont think you will get anywhere with this so its sit it out for 5 years unless they try the new simplified court claim system for scotland , papers from your local sheriffs office

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

in future, DO NOT REVEAL WHO WAS DRIVING

and try to get a landowner to cancel it, especially if the EA2010 law applies here
  • Rumpole93
    Options
    Hi. I have been in touch with Landowners Savills. They started replying but now I have heard nothing from them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Push them again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this thread related to any, or all, of the incidents described in your other three threads?

We can already see that the answers you are getting now are repeats of information you were given earlier.

Please do not start a new thread every time you think of a new question.

Please ask a Board Guide to merge your threads.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2018 at 11:38PM
    Options
    also get your MP involved

your MP,s have discussed these issues in your scottish parliament, and currently there is a private members bill going through committee in the London UK parliament (by Sir Greg Knight)

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

in future, when that becomes law then there may be ways to deal with issues like yours

but at the moment there is no simple method of dealing with your issue , what you are asking for does not exist and never has existed

naming the driver made your situation a lot worse, but until they issue court papers you are in limbo land and can ignore the debt collectors and VCS

VCS have the legal right to take you to court for non-payment of an alleged debt , within 5 years, its been that way for decades

naming the driver sets you up for being a guinea pig in this , whereas not naming the driver usually puts them off using their legal rights

you have only been at this for 4 months , VCS have 60 months to harass you , so another 56 months

meanwhile , complain to SAVILLS again and push the EA2010 law if you are disabled as you say

and pm soolin or crabman and ask them to merge your 3 threads on the same issue into one thread only (and please dont start any more threads on this one issue)
  • Rumpole93
    Options
    EA 2010 law would apply.
    I will contact the company again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts