Question for family member - pip renewal timeframe

Options
Hi All

Asking on behalf of a relative with no internet access (believes internet is evil lol).

They had a PIP renewal face to face two weeks ago after getting form in Nov (PIP runs out in Oct 2018) filled in form as condition has worsened with lots of evidence etc.

Face to face assessment was two weeks ago and the accessor was delayed and didn't send the report back until the 24th Jan. Bit worried as they ran out of time and she admitted she had no chance to read evidence in full and as its multiple condition she said she was running out of time.

The DWP confirmed assessor report back on the 24th jan, just wondered what timescales people had on this as they are very concerned. I spoke to them on their behalf and two different people said two different things, one said 2 -3 weeks as its with a decision/case maker (not sure what they are) and the other said it could be 6 weeks.

Anyone been through it recently? I appreciate the DWP cant give all the answers and whilst the assessor was nice (I went with them) I don't hold out a lot of hope she spend most of the time going over the conditions the person is already claiming for rather than the changes or how it effects.... hopefully the old form is also taking into consideration.

Thank you in advance xx

xx
Competition Wins 2017: Humans Boxset : £25 Cheque, Lego Batman Goodies

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bexy_v wrote: »
    Hi All

Asking on behalf of a relative with no internet access (believes internet is evil lol).

They had a PIP renewal face to face two weeks ago after getting form in Nov (PIP runs out in Oct 2018) filled in form as condition has worsened with lots of evidence etc.

Face to face assessment was two weeks ago and the accessor was delayed and didn't send the report back until the 24th Jan. Bit worried as they ran out of time and she admitted she had no chance to read evidence in full and as its multiple condition she said she was running out of time.

The DWP confirmed assessor report back on the 24th jan, just wondered what timescales people had on this as they are very concerned. I spoke to them on their behalf and two different people said two different things, one said 2 -3 weeks as its with a decision/case maker (not sure what they are) and the other said it could be 6 weeks.

Anyone been through it recently? I appreciate the DWP cant give all the answers and whilst the assessor was nice (I went with them) I don't hold out a lot of hope she spend most of the time going over the conditions the person is already claiming for rather than the changes or how it effects.... hopefully the old form is also taking into consideration.

Thank you in advance xx

xx
    There's no timescales, as it depends on backlog in your area. The reason for delay in sending the report back was most likely because it was chosen for audit. They can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to them. This will give them some idea what the decision is likely to be as mostly they go with that report. Good luck.
  • bexy_v
    bexy_v Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, that's interesting as when I spoke to them and asked for a copy as the reviewer said I could, they said a change in policy means you can only request a report copy once decision is made?

Apparently its a new thing
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just received my decision yesterday it took 8 weeks to the day, I had my F2F on 5th December.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • bexy_v
    Options
    oh wow is that a renewal or first PIP assessment?
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh wow is that a renewal or first PIP assessment?

A renewal. But the timescale varies from region to region. I am in the North East.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • bexy_v
    Options
    This is for somebody in Cornwall. 8 weeks seems a long time though not quite the 2-3 weeks they were told last week. Thanks again all :)
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you, that's interesting as when I spoke to them and asked for a copy as the reviewer said I could, they said a change in policy means you can only request a report copy once decision is made?

Apparently its a new thing
    That's not true! Some advicers from DWP will refuse to send a copy out. They can't actually refuse anyone. You're well within your rights to have a copy even before the decision is made. I've always had copies of mine and my daughters recent claim.

Try ringing again to speak to someone different, they may just agree to send a copy out.

Timescales vary hugely and it makes no difference if it's the first claim or a renewal. It still depends on the backlog in your area. My daughter waited almost 6 weeks for her decision after the assessment.
  • bexy_v
    Options
    thank I will speak to them and see if they want me to call again, the two people I spoke to both said the same so confusing. guess we will soon see just hope for their sake its all ok for them x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport