Bulb DD increase

Options
carh
carh Posts: 174 Forumite
I have just had an email from BULB who are putting up my DD by nearly £10 per month! Are they allowed to do this when I signed in for a year? I chose them as a reasonable price and now they aren't and I cannot face doing yet another comparison of unit prices again:mad: I agree they have good communication and like the company but I have only been with them 2 months and suddenly have a massive hike
Carh:A

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    carh wrote: »
    I have just had an email from BULB who are putting up my DD by nearly £10 per month! Are they allowed to do this when I signed in for a year? I chose them as a reasonable price and now they aren't and I cannot face doing yet another comparison of unit prices again:mad: I agree they have good communication and like the company but I have only been with them 2 months and suddenly have a massive hike

You can go online and put it back down again.

But you may end up not paying enough to cover what you use. Get some referrals in to make up the difference.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    carh wrote: »

You have signed up to a variable tariff which the supplier can vary at will. Notification of a pending increase for new and existing customers has just been announced. The most recent price rise is an average of 5.1%.

You also signed up to a variable monthly DD mandate which allows the supplier to change your monthly payment PROVIDED it gives you the appropriate amount of notice (usually 10 days). Think of DD payments as nothing more than money that goes into a 'piggy bank' held by the supplier from which charges for your usage are deducted.

If the DD revision has been based on an estimated reading then the first thing that you should do is call Bulb with an actual meter reading. They will then re-assess your monthly payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure