ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are your loans due to expire soon? They might be dividing your balance by months left, which is nonsense but they've done it before.
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 15 October 2017 at 9:37PM
    Options
    neal_page wrote: »
    Just need to get this off my chest, so apologies in advance if I rant a little. I was deferred by these idiots last year. This year I applied again and was refused, but letters going back and forth means that I was forced into arrears by them.

My monthly payment is currently £150, so I applied to have this reduced. My monthly disposable income is about £650, which to my mind covers things like MOTs, emergencies, additional petrol needs, some payments to my son at uni etc. So, letter received back. I expected them to refuse, but they're now demanding £300 a month, nearly 50% of my disposable income. Essentially they're happy for me to go into poverty to get their money. Not the end of the world for me as I only have £1500 left to pay on my loan, but these people are utter scum, facilitated by an uncaring government.

If you made a legitimate deferral and are eligible to defer. Tell erudio to go forth and multiply. They are bluffing you into repayment. Its been over 3 years and NO ONE has been to court/had baliffs around/over ANY thing Erudio have threatened. Just have your paperwork signed for to support your version of events.

I was in default for years allegedly over refusal to use their forms. Stuck to my guns and lo and behold; got deferred, no arrears, sorry it was all a mis understanding etc etc.

Seriously tell them to Bog off with their hollow threats.

Can't believe anyone after reading these thousands of posts on MSE would fall for anything Erudio told them. They are scum, bottom feeding debt chasers. Ignore their threats. tell them to prove you have not met your obligations and then file all their threating letters until next year.

HTH
  • plong979
    plong979 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a text off my old flat mate and Erudio have sent a letter to that address saying my loans will now be "managed" by Allied International Credit. So from crapquest to allied. It's not like they don't know my current address as it's been that for over 2 years and have recently sent me the annual statement.
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Plong929: Are you in deferral and have you had any anomalies with your account.
    I did see this very short thread on MSE from 3 years back, with AIC seemingly negotiating settlements on behalf of Arrow Global http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5062330
    This is what the post said "Received a letter at a family members address recently. It was from Allied International on behalf of Arrow Global. It was stating an early settlement fee. Nowhere in the letter did it state who the original debt was owed to. The letter did not threaten any legal action etc and I believe this could be a statute barred debt. Any ideas what to do? This letter has come out of nowhere. No letters received previously and never been associated to the address it was sent to??"

Accordingly, I am wondering if Arrow Global have entered a new stage in their Erudio plan, with the majority of us falling within a period in which, if we did start paying back, time would run out before the contract period runs out. Anyone else get such a letter?
  • plong979
    plong979 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    I should be deferred as I sent evidence every year but they obviously never accepted my evidence because I never used their form. So it's not SB or that.

It's basically the same as the erudio/crapquest letter i got a long while ago, no settlement offer, just erudio simply stating they have now passed it to Allied who are now managing the debt.

So basically erudio sent it to my old address even though they sent me my annual statement to the correct address a month earlier.

Absolute joke of a "company".
  • Lungboy
    Options
    The Ombudsman has provisionally overturned the original FOS decision in my complaint against Erudio, pending any last minute changes.
  • BaffledByErudio
    Options
    Hi people.
    Been a fair old while since I've touched base, but I stay well aware of the Erudio world and keep my ear to the ground.
    No malicious or duplicitous deeds have occured, but just want a bit of advice really. I am well under the deferment threshold. My salary would need to almost double to go into payment. I am deferred until XX month next year.
    I made the daft decision last year to defer online. This was remarkably completed within 2 days. Although undoubtedly I signed my bl00dy life away and gave myself cookies that would keep a McVitie's packer working overtime!
    Now, since then I have amassed a couple of thousand pounds in savings. Through will payments, personal frugality and a cash gift from my parents when my dad retired. These windfalls do happen (I am in my 40s) and it is pleasant. Also, seemingly, I'm due a PPI payout of around £2,000 before the end of the year. That is also a pleasant surprise. Chased it up through my bank rather than through nagging PPI-chasers and seem to be having success. I'm not boasting, lol, as there are a million and one things this cash will be immediately fired at. I'm hardly flushed. I just want to clarify, Erudio can't demand this money off me, can they? And they can't count it as earned income? And do I have to declare savings when I next apply to defer?
  • Lungboy
    Options
    Nope, savings are nothing to do with them, and no, gifts aren't income.
  • BorderReiver14
    Options
    Long time for me too. Had a letter relating to the Equifax Data breach. Any link to Erudio?
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • GinOClock
    GinOClock Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I received a letter in the post today regarding an Erudio data breach.

We regret to inform you that we have recently been made aware of a Data Breach where the enclosed letter was incorrectly issued to another Erudio Loan holder...

I rang them as there was no enclosed letter and they seem to think another customer was sent all my annual statements, but in an envelope addressed to the other customer, so they opened it. Has anyone else got this letter? I'm quite angry about this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback