IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPS - dark car park

Options

Comments

• DammitChloe
    Options
    Is there anything to be gained by risking it though? It seems logical to me to get ICO on the case once the WS stage is complete, but obviously I'm no expert in these matters!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Complain to ICO NOW
    Use the fact of tehir non-compliance in the Witness Statement, as told.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that's the reason - ICO complaint early - and I see no risk in that at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DammitChloe
    Options
    Thanks, I’m not doubting your advice, just trying to understand the strategy. Have been ill so just phoned ICO today. They advised filling in the online form, which includes the question ‘What would you like the ICO to do to help? eg ask the organisation to give you the information you asked for, ask the organisation to apologise, or give the organisation advice on how to improve.’ Much as it would amuse me to ask them to apologise, I suspect the experts on here will have a more tactical suggestion?!
  • DammitChloe
    Options
    Been trying to work out who the actual landowner is. Turns out the postcode on the NTK etc is in a completely different part of town to the car park.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Thanks, I’m not doubting your advice, just trying to understand the strategy. Have been ill so just phoned ICO today. They advised filling in the online form, which includes the question ‘What would you like the ICO to do to help? eg ask the organisation to give you the information you asked for, ask the organisation to apologise, or give the organisation advice on how to improve.’ Much as it would amuse me to ask them to apologise, I suspect the experts on here will have a more tactical suggestion?!

I wrote an answer to that yesterday on another thread!

Search the forum for a word or two from the above, or look at my posts.
  • DammitChloe
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I wrote an answer to that yesterday on another thread!

Search the forum for a word or two from the above, or look at my posts.

I found your reply about the out-of-synch ANPR cameras if that's the one you mean CM. Excellent suggested response! I'm intending to write something along the lines of:

I would like the ICO to investigate PPS' blatant mishandling of personal data. Having issued them with a SAR and contacted them a second time to query whether all data has been made available to me (which was confirmed), it is clear that they are withholding information that must exist. They have failed to supply a copy of the Parking Charge Notice that was allegedly issued to my vehicle, upon which their claim against me is based. They have also failed to provide copies of correspondence with third parties such as debt collection companies and their legal representative, which also must exist as I have received letters from such businesses relating to this matter.

Do you think I need to add something like this line that was in the response to the other poster, just in case they do link it to me?

- and to ask the operator to explain their discrepancy and not to pretend it's a one-off and hurriedly cancel my PCN.

Obviously I will write the abbreviations in full also.
  • DammitChloe
    Options
    A further thought - as I understand it, PPS was using paperwork that was not compliant with POFA, but were required to strictly adhere to POFA in order to obtain keeper details. Worth asking ICO to investigate this too as it's a misuse of data?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No because they were not required to adhere to the POFA.

Parking firms can still get DVLA data to 'enquire who was driving' in a non POFA case.
  • DammitChloe
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No because they were not required to adhere to the POFA.

Parking firms can still get DVLA data to 'enquire who was driving' in a non POFA case.
    Ah, I see. I'm still unclear about how much to involve the ICO in my case specifically. If I ask them to carry out anything more than a general investigation into the PPC, does it not give the PPC the opportunity to simply provide the information and blame an oversight, as you mentioned in your other post on the matter?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure