Steering wheel fault?

Options

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    facade wrote: »
    I think Adrian needed to put some :D:D:D in his post ;)
    What are you suggesting? Do you really think my reply was intended to be taken at anything other than absolute face value...?
  • societys_child
    Options
    Agree with post #5.
    It's definitely the Kin-Nut holding the wheel.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    This is what I figured - I'll get it looked at. I guess I'll be using a lot of Ubers over the coming days! At least it's good to know I shouldn't be driving it.

wow !!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    What are you suggesting? Do you really think my reply was intended to be taken at anything other than absolute face value...?

I took at face value, made perfect sense
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    Someone hasn't set up the tracking properly; that's all. Take it to a decent garage, explain the 'problem' and get them to adjust BOTH track rods so that the steering is centred.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    facade wrote: »
    I think Adrian needed to put some :D:D:D in his post ;)

Obviously as you are worried, get it looked at, but you were merrily driving along until you noticed, so I doubt if the steering wheel will suddenly come off now that you have.

As long as there is no looseness it should be ok to drive.
    Stick your head out of the window and look at the road wheel, (ignition off but key in so the steering lock isn't engaged) move the steering wheel left and right a fraction and then gradually a bit more until you see the road wheel just start moving. If the free movement before anything happens at the roadwheel is less than 13mm (1/2") at the rim of the steering wheel (6.5mm each way) and there are no knocks or clonks it is fine to MOT standard.

I'm betting it is just lazy adjustment of the tracking, and then someone has pulled the steering wheel off and put it back straighter.,

There's no looseness. Are you seriously saying it's ok to drive? I can't get to a garage until next week so spent £183 yesterday for a hire car based on AdrianC's comment that there could be a loose nut.

I really can't afford £180 at the moment but need to have a car available to me.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Of course you did :rotfl:
  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    There's no looseness. Are you seriously saying it's ok to drive? I can't get to a garage until next week so spent £183 yesterday for a hire car based on AdrianC's comment that there could be a loose nut.

I really can't afford £180 at the moment but need to have a car available to me.
    You are a DM level troll, whats all this about not even being able to afford £183, you said you earned plenty of money.

Get a life
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's no looseness. Are you seriously saying it's ok to drive? I can't get to a garage until next week

I can't say for definite, as you have the car to look at not me, and if it did come off the steering wheel and run over some CHILDREN it might be somehow construed as partially my fault if I were to advise you to drive it before it is checked.

However, you can lease a car for £180 a month, surely you can pay less than £180 a day to hire one.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Deastons any credibility you may have had on this Forum has been wiped out with this thread.

Will you come clean as to your real identity;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure