If report isn't up to date, are application searches up to date

Hi everyone

Cleared a 0% purchase card before it ends a few weeks ago, but it hasn't shown up on my reports yet which always seem a couple of months behind
Should the positive data already show on an application search if I was to apply for another 0% card or do I need to wait till it shows in reports?

Thank you

Comments

• What reports?

The CRA’s are updated monthly then they need to publish it to your report. So it may take a couple of months
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Clears core and nodded, thank you Gary, i was wondering because you'd think they'd want to be up to date in case anything negative happened, otherwise people could take out a card straight after default, unless maybe creditors wait till the report comes before giving final approval
  • CRA’s get updated monthly.

Then you have to wait for your report to get updated as that’s monthly as well.

So allowing 2 months is a fair time
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Clears core and nodded, thank you Gary, i was wondering because you'd think they'd want to be up to date in case anything negative happened, otherwise people could take out a card straight after default, unless maybe creditors wait till the report comes before giving final approval

They could but a default won't happen until they're several months in arrears, so the likelihood of them being accepted is very low anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure