Npower no bill

Options
Npower have written saying my account can’t be billed as a system error meaning I ‘may’ be billed for a longer period and have higher payment . Not happy so lodged complaint they sd it’s because too many ins and outs on property as it’s rented !!! I’ve been in a year . Feeling worried as low income I move end month which they know and it’s Npower at new property

Comments

• baldelectrician
    Options
    Take meter readings so you know what you actually used - take photos and email the photos (icase your phone gets lost)

Npower have a duty to invoice you correctly- I would suggest you go to another supplier (if you can) when you move this will then give you clear blue water as it were.

Place the money you should have given to Npower in a savings account and WRITE to them recorded when you move.
    They can ONLY backdate billing for 1 year if its their fault - make sure you try (and can prove you have tried) you have kept them informed all the time.

I would suggest you (if you have an Android phone that is compatible) get a call recording app to use when you call them
    Tell them you are recording this and future calls (and tell them at the start of each call) and they will be on their best behaviour

This will also give you evidence if they decide to chase you for money later on
    baldly going on...
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Breamfod wrote: »
    Npower have written saying my account can’t be billed as a system error meaning I ‘may’ be billed for a longer period and have higher payment . Not happy so lodged complaint they sd it’s because too many ins and outs on property as it’s rented !!! I’ve been in a year . Feeling worried as low income I move end month which they know and it’s Npower at new property

Hi Breamfod,

Thanks for your message. Please contact us using the details on our profile page so we can help with your billing query.

Thanks,

Jen :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • Breamfod
    Options
    So Npower emailed closed complaints say it’s resolved I’m devastated to say they gave ignored my house move reads in new and out old and used all estimates what now ? They are crooks:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Breamfod wrote: »
    So Npower emailed closed complaints say it’s resolved I’m devastated to say they gave ignored my house move reads in new and out old and used all estimates what now ? They are crooks:mad:

You have the right to escalate your complaint to The Energy Ombudsman. A supplier should only bill you from the date that you took over legal responsibility for the property. If you have provided them with meter readings when you moved in then there is a Standard Licence Condition that requires them to use the meter readings that you have provided UNLESS they can show that they are wrong. I suspect that what has happened here is that the previous occupants have just moved out and not informed the supplier. That is a matter for the supplier to pursue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure