Halifax debit card cashback extras

Options
2»

Comments

• JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Well what a load of tosh this is.

My mother doesn't really go spending many places. Pretty much just supermarkets. Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons.

We spend at the same ones. We also spend in other places too. I activated it on the joint account my wife & I hold and started spending.

My mother has had about 5 cashback offers & we've had zero.

I'll go back to using my HSBC card then.
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well what a load of tosh this is.

My mother doesn't really go spending many places. Pretty much just supermarkets. Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons.

We spend at the same ones. We also spend in other places too. I activated it on the joint account my wife & I hold and started spending.

My mother has had about 5 cashback offers & we've had zero.

I'll go back to using my HSBC card then.

I'm with the Bank of Scotland (Halifax is just a Bank of Scotland brand name), and mostly use my debit card for supermarkets, the odd meal out, coffee, and I've had loads of useful offers, and this year had £25 in cashback. I don't know if it's true, but someone told me to only activate offers I am interested in, and to be careful. I had a 5% at Morrisons and accidentally bought my £3 lunch instead of doing a bigger shop! The cashback on things I'm buying anyway more than outweighs the interest I would get if I'd still been using my TSB account, so the switch has definitely been worthwhile for me. That and their customer service (so far) has been brilliant.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Yeah don't get me wrong, IF you get cashback offers then it's a great deal.

For some reason though, we weren't. The only difference between my mother and us is our card was for a joint account and yes it was activated on both online accounts.

My mother probably spends bigger at the supermarkets as my brother & sister still live with her but we still spend at the same supermarkets.
  • Don80
    edited 19 December 2018 at 3:16PM
    Options
    Yeah don't get me wrong, IF you get cashback offers then it's a great deal.

For some reason though, we weren't. The only difference between my mother and us is our card was for a joint account and yes it was activated on both online accounts.

My mother probably spends bigger at the supermarkets as my brother & sister still live with her but we still spend at the same supermarkets.

This may be a daft question... but... have you activated everyday offers?

Since Halifax is a Bank of Scotland brand I assume it works the same way. In internet banking you need to turn on everyday offers.

Page 13 of the Halifax guide says it's the same
    https://static.halifax.co.uk/assets/pdf/bankaccounts/pdf/bank-account-guide.pdf
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Don80 wrote: »
    This may be a daft question... but... have you activated everyday offers?

thumbs-up_TASK-300x281.jpg
  • Don80
    Options
    thumbs-up_TASK-300x281.jpg

:rotfl:

Read that too quickly, sorry! I was in my own account and was looking at it at the same time, oh well, I tried! :beer:
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Don80 wrote: »
    :rotfl:

Read that too quickly, sorry! I was in my own account and was looking at it at the same time, oh well, I tried! :beer:
    No problem. I do that all the time anyway :D:rotfl:
  • TOP_CAT
    TOP_CAT Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone been getting Robert Dyas offers recently
    I got about 3-4 last year which I used but now they have stopped
  • deadendwaterfall
    Options
    I've been getting Halifax cashback offers for places that 1. I've never, ever been to before and 2. The nearest branch of that place is many, many miles away in somewhere like Manchester or near to London etc.
    :o
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Same here (although I bank with Lloyds).

Things like Costa, Morrisons and Toby Carvery come in handy otherwise they just expire.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure