Banned by MSE

Options
My home IP address has been BANNED by MSE
No reason given - just a message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address" whenever I try to access (even READ !) any posting !
I have emailed "MSE Support" - but why has this happened

I am posting this via VPN - Which proves that it is not an account related issue !
I am using TalkTalk

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As it's the weekend you probably won't get a reply until next week
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    As it's the weekend you probably won't get a reply until next week

Brilliant just brilliant

they can block me on Sunday morning - but can't give me any reason - due to it being "SUNDAY"
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It may be that the blocker is an automated system, but unblocking is a manual one.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    It may be that the blocker is an automated system, but unblocking is a manual one.

Sorted - left fibre router off for 1/2 hour for a new address !
    Thanks
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    they can block me on Sunday morning - but can't give me any reason - due to it being "SUNDAY"
    The IP address in question had probably been on the blacklist for ages, you just happened to be allocated that IP address by your ISP. I suspect MSE did nothing on the Sunday.
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Since this morning, I have been plagued with having to use Captcha every few views, it is most annoying, and cloudflare is trying to persuade me to install a snooping extension to my browser, sadly it is not available on my ipad, nor my android phone, and my ip address has not changed for at least 17 months ( I have logs going back that far). Perhaps someone from the forum could comment?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I have made the team aware of this thread.

Could you please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com explaining the problems that you are having so they can investigate for you.

Thanks

Sarah
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • snapdoodle
    Options
    There is always a way around a blocked static IP!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure