Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 November 2014 at 5:54PM
    Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Apologies for the smilies, iPad won't let me change fonts and I need to bookmark the page.

Right, priorities for next year are:

Save for dds 18th - around £500 for present and party combined
    Save for boy's birthdays £400 presents and party/treats/family do.
    Save for xmas £1200 per year
    Ditto college bus £500 per year
    Pay balance of centerparcs break £582

Clear all credit cards - £12,124.00 , a change of plan as they are on 0% but I've decided it might be nice to be debt free again (except the mortgage of course!)

I will have £50 cash per month plus £700 to spend on the cc for food'/petrol/clothes/ everything that's not bills and direct debits etc. more than now but this is supposed to be a long term budget.:)

So :

NOV: £45 fluid cc £1356 mbna cc
    DEC. £45 £1356
    JAN. £45 £1356
    FEB. £45. £1356
    MAR. £45. £1356
    APR. £440 £961
    MAY. £1401
    JUNE £1401
    JULY. £1141

AUG. Onwards £1401 mortgage op.

Doing it this way will lengthen the term by 10 months and take us to feb 2023 , the term officially finishes April 2022 but at that point we will only have a balance remaining of £16,347 in theory which if we are still with the same provider we could clear with a loan if we had to.

The centerparcs balance has not been budgeted for but I will try and squeeze that from the monthly food/petrol etc. budget.

Oops forgot to add that it is a total target to op/clear debts of £19,129 - maybe I should push it to £20k ?
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Direct debits:

£175 xmas/birthdays
    £50 school bus savings
    £50 cash for me
    £700 credit cards

£1401 mortgage/debts
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Online mr t shop done in bed last night, £42 , petrol yesterday £65 and yearly home insurance £116 (lowest ever price for some reason!) also claimed £13.45 from topcashback :) not much else to report really.

I did start the xmas cross stitch I ordered ages ago last night, it's a new design in a retro style called christmas tree by the historical sampler company, now I don't want to go to work so I can carry on with it today :rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    Online mr t shop done in bed last night, £42 , petrol yesterday £65 and yearly home insurance £116 (lowest ever price for some reason!) also claimed £13.45 from topcashback :) not much else to report really.

I did start the xmas cross stitch I ordered ages ago last night, it's a new design in a retro style called christmas tree by the historical sampler company, now I don't want to go to work so I can carry on with it today, wish I could post a photo it's something I really need to learn how to do :o
  • newgirly
    Options

I did start the xmas cross stitch I ordered ages ago last night, it's a new design in a retro style called christmas tree by the historical sampler company, now I don't want to go to work so I can carry on with it today, wish I could post a photo it's something I really need to learn how to do :o
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You were so excited about your Mr T order & Christmas cross-stitch that you had to tell us about it 3 times!! :rotfl:

Seriously though, looks like the forums are still not behaving themselves, wonder what's going on??
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • newgirly
    Options
    Oops! Not sure what happened there :rotfl:

It's a cold wet weds here in essex, roll on thurs when I'm
    not working :D I'm planning to go to lakeside tomorrow and look at all the xmas stuff, I can't believe how fast this year has gone It will be time to put the tree up in a few weeks and yet it feels like the kids have only just gone back to school from the summer hols.

My throat feels much better than it did, still not completely better but improving which is such a relief, it's been a horrible couple of weeks of feeling very uncomfortable and being pretty worried about what's wrong.

Anyway I'd better get up or I'll end up being late for work!
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    I completely agree about the year flying by!! :eek: You sound pretty organised for Christmas though, unlike me.

Glad your throat is feeling better :) Will you go back to the Drs or do you think it's going to be ok now??
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi pink poppy thanks for popping in :) I'm going to leave the doctors until Monday as she said give it a couple of weeks, I am pretty sure I have "globus hystericus" today I feel I have something stuck In the back of my throat but a couple of days ago it stopped feeling like that for a day or so.

Parents evening tonight, they both are doing very in most subjects which is always good. Sometimes I do have to check it's my kids they are talking about at these meetings :rotfl:
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    Is that a Google diagnosis?? ;)

Best to get it checked by the Dr if you feel like the problem has come back. xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure