Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,418 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    The one i went too in January was :eek: nearly 2 hrs of going round the room, flo lost 2lb and what do you want to lose next week flo?
    When she asked me that i said i dont set a target weekly as dont want to be disappointed i am happy with what ever:p well you would of thought i had said i was going to chop my head off the looks i got:eek::rotfl::rotfl: didnt stay after that just got weighed and went

I can imagine :eek::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I can imagine :eek::rotfl:

We talk about recipes, if anyone has any problems, if anyone wants any help and have a right good laugh:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

There is nothing wrong with the group - the consultant is lovely and very supportive. I'm just annoyed that I can't get back into target and therefore paying again every week. If I buy bars as well, then the amount I spend mounts up.

Also, due to the amount of weight I have lost, I get the impression that the consultant likes to use me as a "trophy". I agree, it's a good ad for new members, but it does annoy me slightly.

I am on the social team and do the weighing, which is nice as I get to chat to all the members that come through the door, but it's hard, as on a Saturday morning sometimes I like to be doing other things, as a full time worker I don't have much spare time. I appreciate that we don't get anything for it, but annoys me slightly when I see that the consultant has got a new 18 plate Ford Ecosport out front (It's a lease I know).

My target is 10st exactly and on Saturday I weighed 10st 7lb, I seem to keep on playing with same few pounds, losing and gaining. Obviously if I do get back into target, then the pressure's always on to keep it there.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,706.18
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

There is nothing wrong with the group - the consultant is lovely and very supportive. I'm just annoyed that I can't get back into target and therefore paying again every week. If I buy bars as well, then the amount I spend mounts up.

Also, due to the amount of weight I have lost, I get the impression that the consultant likes to use me as a "trophy". I agree, it's a good ad for new members, but it does annoy me slightly.

I am on the social team and do the weighing, which is nice as I get to chat to all the members that come through the door, but it's hard, as on a Saturday morning sometimes I like to be doing other things, as a full time worker I don't have much spare time. I appreciate that we don't get anything for it, but annoys me slightly when I see that the consultant has got a new 18 plate Ford Ecosport out front (It's a lease I know).

My target is 10st exactly and on Saturday I weighed 10st 7lb, I seem to keep on playing with same few pounds, losing and gaining. Obviously if I do get back into target, then the pressure's always on to keep it there.

I think the question is - how well will you do if you don't go to group?

:o:o:o:o
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Scales went back down again after a better nights sleep. It's astonishing what a big difference a couple of sleepless nights made! The scales bounced up by 2lb overnight and then back again...

I'm really busy at work at the moment so food is all a bit patchy. Today:

Breakfast ha! Chance would be a fine thing...
    Lunch salmon Niçoise salad
    Dinner: lamb hot pot with feta (HEA)

Snack: mini caramel slice (4 syns) americano

No HEB yet. May do some nuts before bed.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

Have you considered changing your target?
    I changed mine.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.

Does it have to be 10s7? why not call target for a couple of months then have another go?
    Edir , snap beanie :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely new space. It’s great to see all those certificates up on display!

Sorry to hear about your cold, maman. I see the saints are doing their best to warm you up!

Welcome to our merry band, onedaysomeday.

I am slowly getting back on track. I had the (less than) expected gain this week. The big issue there is that I am away from Friday to Monday with the associated indulgences. It’s just as well I inhaled every naughty treat in the house last week. I have made a ginger cake that I figure works out at 6 syns a portion. Allowing just a portion a day each for DH and I, it should last until we go away.

Good luck on the new challenge, everyone.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good to see you greentiger :wave:
    Enjoy your week away :)

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 May 2018 at 12:10PM
    Options
    We won tonight! So it was worth the picky food I had at the funeral and the wine syns watching the game in the pub! Line drawn and back on plan tomorrow.:D

abbafan I can only comment on what's worked for me. I got to target and stayed there. I only go to group about every 2 months to weigh. I did go more regularly about a year ago to get rid of a holiday gain but what I've paid over about 7 years has been minimal. So I'm saying get back to target and then decide as then you won't pay. You're lucky that you have a good group. I don't feel any loyalty as my original one doesn't meet any more and was pretty boring anyway. HTH. :)

ETA: I've never bought bars. Mostly my HEBs go on toast but if you like bars then buy Alpen in the £shop or Benefit bars from Aldi.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure