Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    WE have a solar edge inverter. If I plug in a lan cable to a home plug adaptor will I be able to see all its output?
    That's all I have done, you may have to ask your installer to set up your online monitoring though, make sure they give you the installers version and not the personal, there's a lot more info on their version.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    WE have a solar edge inverter. If I plug in a lan cable to a home plug adaptor will I be able to see all its output?

Yep, that's what I use - but you need your installer to register you on the solaredge portal - who did yours?

Mine took over 24hrs to register me and then only after nagging.
    The api they supplied took 3 emails to get out of them, plus it was duff too!!

SolarEdge support, for me, has been brilliant.
    I asked them where to find the firmware to update to the latest version (they had advised that it was running an older version of the software) - they installed the software remotely and gave me the proper api, it all works a treat!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    12,800 Wh / 3,780 Wp >>> 3.39 O's. Sun shining now at 21:00.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    edwink wrote: »
    Nice to see that we are not the only ones using a travel kettle!!!
    Any one else use one - just out of interest????
    Edwink ;)
    Yep, I use one, around 1 kWh, I tend to use the 2.5 kWh one when I am not generating power, as it is cheaper to run; i.e. 500 ml of water in travel takes 4 minutes - 2.5 kWh takes 1 minute: mind you I usually drink drinking-red-wine.gif in times of no generation...:D

Seen it, but I don't believe it, 3.52 O's what the fracking hell is happening?...smiley-confused013.gif..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    theboylard wrote: »
    Visiting Uni's for my second born - first is Lucifer!
    If you knew them, you'd understand the names!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2015 at 9:40PM
    Options
    2.38 ho's here.

Bring on the sunshine I say!

Oh, just noticed gone through 5MWh today :)

Of which 1.95Mwh has been since SolarEdge installed at the end of Jan this year?!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2.66 O's here today. Some sun after 17:00
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    zeupater wrote: »
    Well, cross out the 'probably Monday' ... job done, next target is to better our second-worst performance June, which, when looking at the forecast, is a long way away ....
    Well, there's one for the books, don't know where it came from but got a decent total today and passed a couple more previous year's June totals on the way .... All being good, the forecast for tomorrow won't be too far out, in which case it'll become our best June's recorded generation by mid-afternoon ....

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    3.6 O's here today:D

Should pass June PVGIS and 500 kWh tomorrow:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 June 2015 at 10:20PM
    Options
    2.50 ho's for us today!!!
    Thanks for the comments on the travel kettles - interesting!!
    Ours takes about 2 and a half minutes and that is just enough hot water for meeeeeeee. All from generated leccy of course!!

New dishwasher installed by hubby today!! Uses 6 litres of water per cycle as it is an eco friendly one!! Will only run that from generated leccy!! It is connected as hot fill only so will run when the iBoost has diverted enough leccy for the hot water. Uses much less water than our Butler sink!!
    Just had metered water bill in for the past 6 months!! £44.27 NICE!!!!!!!!!!

New avatar pic is our Indian runner duck!!

Edwink ;)
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback