In leiu of notice ?

Options
Hello,

Quick question please, i'm going through the redundancy process at the moment, for now we have only had the consultation and we are expecting to be told via a letter any day soon that the redundancies will be effective from the end of this month, all of us here are on a three month contract, the company is not closing down, can we be made to work that three month notice period if the company says it requires us to and if so there wont be any payment except for the redundancy payment at the end of those three months, also when is the holiday entitlement calculated from, would it be from Jan 1st, or does it cease when the redundancies kick in at the end of the month?
Appreciate all replies

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    From the date of notice of termination they have three(main) options they can give you.

Work.
    Garden Leave.

the first 2 you get paid as normal till the termination date and accrue holiday for that period, the can make you take all the holiday during the period.

PILON.

they set a termination date and holiday accrues up to that date any untaken get paid.
    PILON compensates for the earning you could have had during te period so can be paid net and as they can always make you take any holiday during that period they don't have to accrue it.

Holiday accrual is from the start of the holiday year till the termination date.

The date used for redundancy period of service i a bit more complicated as it is calculated using statutory notice from the date of notice or termination date whichever is the later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure