Part time worker redundancy pay

Options
I’m currently working a part time position and will be redundant at the end of April 2018 and have received confirmation of what my payout would be.

I have two secenarios which I’m not sure of and wondered if anyone had any advice.

If I were to gain another part time job on different days to my current employment And start straight away would this effect my redundancy payout? I wouldn’t be leaving my current employment would just be working two jobs until my current one ends.

Second question is would taking a days leave to attend an induction day with my new employer effect my redundancy payout? I would be paid by the new employer for the induction day

Thanks

Comments

• BaldEagle
    BaldEagle Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Did you receive anything else with the confirmation of payout (i.e. terms of the redundancy)? Have you signed anything yet?

In my personal experience, I couldn't have any other job lined up at the point I signed the agreement. The reason given was because the redundancy payout was based on the me being out of work so the money was to compensate the lack of income.

Once I signed the agreement, I was free to commit to a new employer. A number of people I worked with started new jobs on the Monday after redundancy.

My view would be to check the terms of your redundancy agreement before committing to the new job.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was working two part time jobs when made redundant. There wasnt an issue but id declared the second job years before. Finished the saturday and started full time on the monday.

Speak to your employer, best getting confirmation before risking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure