PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    another £8 sale bought and paid for.. must sort through the 4 huge stuffed binbags of 4-5 stuff and fling some..there is so much in there!! and I need to rejiggle Twinkles drawers..

OH just sent back to college so Twinkle and I are off to shop.. hopefully she will nap!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Busy day so far. I have:

- school run
    - post office
    - dropped Musoc Magpie box off
    - tip run
    - stuff taken to Cash 4 clothes
    - Wilkos and Argos visited
    - food shopping done
    - parts for DH work collected from next town
    - dog walked

Just scoffing lunch then will walk the dog again then school run. Also scratched the car whilst I was out :( its small but deep. Hey ho, worse things happen at sea it's only a car.

Weigh in tomorrow for me :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nearly an hour on, where does the time go?

DW emptied and filled so I could pile stuff onto the worktops. All of the contents out, and the air vents cleared. Ruthless exiting and re-homing done, just having 5 minutes before i start putting things back.

Lil-me 280 DW tablets found so far so its turning into a money saving exercise for me too. And the decent scrubbing things to do the bathroom with after school run.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Everyone seems to be going great guns.

More washing etc done but pleased to say that all being ironed, folded and put away straight out of the dryer so no mountain of ironing (it is also seems easier to iron straight out of the TD)

Lounge cleared and cushions sorted and a quick hoover round, ok it needs dusting but I didn't, but pleased that it is looking tidy again with nothing lying around. Fire laid ready for later so we will be able to sit down for a calm drink when OH gets in. He is picking up my supermarket shop (no delivery service but click and collect is fine as only 5 minutes from his work)

Currently enjoying a cup of tea and will then start cooking some dinner, bolognese tonight and I will tidy round the kitchen whilst it's cooking.

Other flying today, I opened the post and dealt with it immediately, only filing but still done and envelopes in recycling. A couple of bits of paper from my 'desk of doom' dealt with too so I hope by staying up to date wih incoming stuff and each day trying to remove at least one piece of paper from my desk the heap will eventually be gone.

Eaten better and had some fruit and plenty of water so feeling pleased with my baby steps. It's going to be a long journey but lots of fun with you lot

Thanks
    xx
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Options
    Finally sat down for 10 mins

I knew I was tired, didn't wake up until 9.30am unheard of for me
    WM x 3 done
    Bed stripped and remade
    Toilets cleaned
    Bins done
    Rubbish out and correct bin for collection out tomorrow as well
    Food shopping done and away
    Whole house hoovered
    A load of little bits to tinsel hoovered up, I am sure those little bits are hiding from me and then pop up coooeee we are over here!! :)
    Kitchen cleaned
    TD is on.........
    Posted birthday card for SS(1)
    Collected my work jacket from cleaners
    Collected prescription
    Now got to work out the code part I need to mend the cat flap that blunder bust has broken.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The boiler cupboard is now shiny clean, half empty and hairball free. George (Don't Do That), who spends half her life in there snoring, is Sulking. It smells wrong. It took her years to make all of those hairballs.

I also cleared the book mountain and various random items from the bathroom before I did the school run. Go me.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps
    Level 2
    Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished
    Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash
    Extras
    S&S kitchen[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Check smoke alarms are fully-functional[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]HHI - upstairs bathroom yuk![/STRIKE]
    Mad half hour -!if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that! very naughty used this time to finish reading my Book club book (lovely quiet half hour which turned into 60 minutes)
    [STRIKE]dining room
    floors swept/steamed
    leftover box of crackers taken upstairs to be away til next year[/STRIKE]

having 15 min rest before i start cooking dinner
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Made the bed and fed the birds before heading to the paid stuff this morning. Went to the shop to buy bread in my lunch-break. Called at PO on way home and paid rent, topped up phone, posted a letter and bought two birthday cards.

Since coming home I have had a coffee, chatted with DS, and caught up with the thread :) DS doesn't want tea until after he's been to play football; I'm trying to decide whether I can wait that long before I have mine. I think not - I'm going to WUDUPA the few pots in the bowl and cook my tea now.

I have to accept that keeping on top of the dailies is the main thing during the week. Maybe when I've lost the weight I'll have more energy after a day at the paid stuff.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    First thing I did today was

Open email, see five tasks to do. All take time but aren't ever going to be No 1 on my list of Stuff.

Empty office of hundreds of models made by the Offspring of the Parish for homework last term and [strike]shove them in a locked cupboard[/strike] stored them for the Assistant Head to pick the best for display.

Empty office of 1000 carrier bags that the things were brought in with.
    Chuck five bits of paper I hadn't tidied before the end of term.

Chuck a bag of dried out holly leaves from the Christmas display.

Clear desk next to me of pointless bits of paper and packaging.

Retrieve mugs the weekend 'renters' have used (they're not even supposed to have access to the office, but somebody gave them a master key, so they do it anyway) and stuffed in the cupboard unwashed, wash them up.

Clean the sink by the water boiler. And the tiles the weekend 'renters' have hurled tea and coffee at.

Clean both desks.

Clear some old display material.

Deal with a classfull of OotP being absolutely foul for two solid hours.

Deal with a class of 'external provision' kids who were perfectly behaved.

Put equipment back after lessons.

Get given another 5 massive jobs.

Make sure no OotP could gain access unauthorised over lunch.

Help out by writing a quick How To Guide for a couple of kids in another lesson.

Go for a break. Have nice colleague admit she's desperate to leave her OH and therefore giving her ideas on how to not leave herself destitute and homeless when she doesn't have to (and pointing out that whilst I agree with her that she needs to be happy, from his point of view, he's not all bad from what she's said about him and the kids come first).

Go back to work and have another ten tasks given to me for this week.

Solve 7 additional things without having to get somebody else to do anything and save other colleague many, many hours in duplicating work I did several years ago.

Have other colleague complaining about his health. Let him get on with it, as it meant I could chill out for ten minutes whilst he did so.

Try and assess the scale of tons of other things that need to be done, have been requested repeatedly, but never done by the people responsible. Realise it's massive work even to assess it.

Limp home. Find HMRC have sent a grumpy letter asking how I'm going to repay their tax credit overpayment from five years ago that is already being repaid. Tempted to ask them which effing kidney they want - right or left? I shall make the phone call later in the week, I think.

Slump on sofa.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Oh my goodness Donnajt, you are awesome.

My, not very impressive, job list for today is done:

1) Washing washed
    2) All washing hung up to dry on airers in the sauna (aka bathroom)
    3) all towels washed as per today's tasks
    4) smoke alarm check
    5) clear rubbish out of my car and switch car seat round into my car
    6) charge my work phone ready for work tomorrow
    7) tea - sausage hot pot
    8) finish baby blanket (gift for a friend)
    9) empty cat's litter tray
    10) rubbish & recycling out.
    11) put poppers on pickle's blanket.

This is on top of Pickle's swimming lesson & generally keeping him alive. Tomorrow is a work day, but I'm working from home. Pickle's wardrobe is being delivered in the morning, I have a work conference call in the afternoon and a couple of friends are coming round after work to help me sort the wardrobe out as hubby is back to work tomorrow (3 day trip to the big smoke).

Also... you are all having an effect on me already. Post tea tonight I 'WUDUPA' everything that didn't fit in the dishwasher.

Post Pickle's bedtime tonight I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have another knitting project to finish by the middle of Feb, so might do some on that. Everything is sorted for Pickle going to the Childminder's tomorrow (I get his clothes out while hubby baths him).

I won't get much done tomorrow but I am going to open all the upstairs windows while I work to do the 'airing' I didn't get the chance to do today.

I shall report back tomorrow.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport