Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    It is not illegal:

For someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises.
    For a child aged five to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s

HTH

Anon

Hmmm, so I could open a private club, charge a tenner entry, and have free booze, under 15's only, as surely they cant drink that much :D
    Edit: I best make sure I use a lino floor :)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    Today's shop, just after 5pm
    16 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Instant Curry Noodles (85g) £0.22 £0.28
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) £0.23 £0.24
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.12
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.10
    1x ASDA Instant Chicken Noodles (85g) £0.22 £0.28
    0.04x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.02 £0.02
    1x ASDA Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix (85g) £0.19 £0.15
    6x Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) £38.88 £30.00
    1x ASDA Shades Kitchen Towels (2roll) £2.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Shades Decorated Kitchen Towels (2roll) £2.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £44.08 £33.31
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • davemorton
    Options
    From HUKD, cracking price if you get decent priced flights
    Caribbean cruise (only), 2 weeks, MSC Fantasia, 27th March. Cruise only. Outside cabin. £275pp - Cruise Circle
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 March 2018 at 12:42AM
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    Presumably, we should get the £6 comparison on Villa Maria at Morrison's until 5pm tomorrow?

Not necessarily. It could end as soon as 8.30 tomorrow morning - that's the approximate earliest I've known, although, by the way things seem to be more recently, it usually doesn't update these days until Wednesday.

I don't know in what way the wines will change on the APG - I now have an M OOS of the Torres, although it does have the Wolf Blass Chardonnay. My other stores were generally the other way around - they could get no trace of Torres or OOS in the collection stores or the currently-comparing Wolf Blass could be absent from several. They should have them somewhere though, even if not as widespread as last week (which itself was starting to lose some in some places) - it was just with the other Wolf Blass going N/A, that may return next time or may just stay off now, that it's not, ahem, guaranteed to compare next time. IMO obviously as A would disagree:rotfl:. I am getting no price other than £7 on the Villa Maria in the Ms I have visited today.

I have had luck with the Bird's Eye 42 Crispy Chicken Dippers as I have found a store with a full price SEL:D. Sadly the SEL is covered with an OOS label and there is no stock to be found anywhere in the store:(:mad::rotfl:.

However there is consolation of sorts as last year's Christmas stock of M Southern Fried Poppin' Chicken (190g), that many people will no longer have, is now 25p. Sadly the APG appears linked up to the version that appeared later, that many people will have, that will be full price. You can probably halve the prices of some of the Christmas versions of some frozen food products that currently appear on my list. They are in red packaging and are bagged, unlike the new versions that are in boxes and are the incorrect products as they are the full price versions that have superseded the clearance products. Separate from those, it looks like the BE 42 packs are being replaced by a downsized 38 pack version:( - I do not know what price that now is, as I do not have a SEL yet in the one place where they have appeared for me - I was not interested in scanning the product as it is bound to be nowhere near as good as the 42 pack product on clearance that hasn't been in stock in any of the stores I've visited at the times at which i have visited them so far.

I am my own enemy, as it's my fault for posting on this thread that the 42 Chicken Dippers pack is £1, thus allowing people to know and to buy it out of the store in which I find the full price SEL. However, the information has been posted elsewhere on this thread before, so it would still have been known even if I hadn't mentioned it.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,007 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Somewhere around £30-£35 would be realistic based on what others have achieved for 100mb BB and XL TV plus extra box, possibly less.

But as I am managing on my mobile tonight I may cave in ... or may not as it may be too late with tv and B.B. already off :(.

And it would happen today, when my mobile number ported out so I am now managing on borrowed data from the kids :(.

Anon

Did I mention when they turned up to do the vm install I couldn't believe it when they proposed surface running a cable from the front of the house to the main tv - it had not even occurred to me that it would be anything other than an ip tv box. The vm box has sat unused next to the phone/modem router for the last 11 months and we have used our old tv boxes.
    I think....
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Well done! I've not used shpock, I did download it a while ago and had a look, but didn't list or buy anything. I'd rather not arrange something then them not turn up (like freecycle sometimes).
    When I pressed on make an offer there was a message that said something like once you have comitted to buy the item it is legally binding or words to that effect. So perhaps that would help stop the no showers.
    I know what you mean tho. I had a terrible job getting rid of a piano last year. Tried freecycle, facebook, gumtree, ebay. So many people interested then letting me down at the last minute or not replying to messages. Got rid of it via gumtree in the end.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh any news yet gocat?
    Yes DS had her baby this afternoon about 3pm. He's gorgeous and so perfect. Only weighed 5 half pounds which is really very small in our family. But mother and baby are doing well and she's hoping to be home by Wednesday :T
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    From HUKD, cracking price if you get decent priced flights
    Caribbean cruise (only), 2 weeks, MSC Fantasia, 27th March. Cruise only. Outside cabin. £275pp - Cruise Circle

Cracking deal but I bet flights are for an island that is slightly more obscure and harder to get to. Cruise will be cheap because cruise line can't get decently priced flights.
    Great ship but will be in Cape Verde then:j:j

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • davemorton
    Options
    Cracking deal but I bet flights are for an island that is slightly more obscure and harder to get to. Cruise will be cheap because cruise line can't get decently priced flights.
    Great ship but will be in Cape Verde then:j:j

V x

Dont know the islands, but it departs/returns from Bridgetown, Barbados.
  • Dunroaming
    Dunroaming Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    9 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    Asda
    morrisons
    2x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g)£0.20N/A
    3x Martini Asti (75cl)£26.94£18.00
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)
    £0.13£0.12
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk)£0.10£0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10£0.10
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg)£0.06£0.06
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Parsnips (order by number of parsnips or select kg) (per kg)£0.10£0.10
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10£0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only)£27.53 £18.58

+£8.95
    cheaper
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business