IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye london

Options
peazy
peazy Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 12 April 2018 at 5:48PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi
I have read the newbie page, however I need some further advice please.
I have received multiple parking charges and after reading advice from a another forum prior to finding this one I may have made a mistake.
I have appealed my first ticket.
This was sent by email yesterday.
However, now I realise that most of the tickets issued where 14 days after the event.
My car was snapped by anpr no windscreen ticket.
Regarding the remaining charges should I appeal them differently ie use the 14 day rule or have I lost that chance now because of my first appeal being of a different nature ?
I would rather use the 14 day rule if still possible.
I will of course appeal the others individually.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How will the '14 day rule' help you? I'm not clear what it is you are asking. Can you clarify please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • peazy
    Options
    Hi
    I thought that if the ticket was issued after 14 days after the event then you do not have to tell them who the driver was.
    I believe its to do with pofa 2012
    Several tickets where sent more than 14 days after.
    Can I not use this in my appeal ?
    Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    if they failed POFA2012 then the keeper is not liable, so use the template for each one and use the POFA2012 argument as keeper (plus the other usual appeal points) at POPLA

failing to get the pcn to the keeper by day 15 means they failed POFA2012, what we call a "golden ticket"

where the driver has been identified , POFA2012 is not relevant
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    If ParkingEye have failed to meet the 14/15 day deadline their NtK normally reflects that by omitting the PoFA warning from the back page of the NtK.

Check out that there isn't a paragraph that starts 'If after 29 days ......'. How many include that paragraph?

Also could you list the date of each parking event and alongside it the date of issue of the NtK. Then we can advise on which strategy for which NtK.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • peazy
    Options
    Hi
    Excuse my inexperience, but from my first post has the driver been identified in my case ?
    I am not exactly sure about what you mean by this.
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    peazy wrote: »
    Hi
    Excuse my inexperience, but from my first post has the driver been identified in my case ?
    I am not exactly sure about what you mean by this.
    Thanks

Your third sentence identifies who was driving. Try using only 'the driver' rather than any other identifier when describing the parking incident.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    any that identified the driver would have to have different arguments as POFA2012 is no defence if they refuse that appeal and issue a popla code

any that still need to be appealed are appealed as KEEPER using the template in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, on their website, theese will later include the POFA2012 issues to stop a keeper being liable
  • peazy
    edited 12 April 2018 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys.
    There is no paragraph stating anything about if after 29 days
    So just to clarify, because my name is on the letter does not count as identification does it?
    Therfore my future appeals will be as a keeper and the pofa2012 template used.
    Cheers
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    peazy wrote: »
    There is no paragraph stating anything about if after 29 days

Have PE failed on every NtK you've received? How many?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport