Redundancy question

Options
2»

Comments

• sunday
    sunday Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Shorthand wrote: »
    (and unfortunately they will not issue my P45 until they have settled the claim!!!! which is proving very embarrasing with my new employer). therefore good luck but most of all have patience - you'll need it.
    You can just complete a p46 for your new employer (downloadable from HM Revenue & Customs web site). It might mean they deduct a bit more tax than you are due for now, but any overpayment will work its way back to you one way or the other (if necessary by claiming it from the Inland Revenue after the end of the tax year, when you have a P60 from your end of tax year employer). No need to be embarrassed - employers shouldn't have any issue with it, there's no skin off their nose. They just don't have "brought forward" figures to tap into their payroll system, and so the system presumes the worst (like, your tax allowance has already been used up, for instance) and taxes you accordingly. Tedious for you, but no biggie for the employer.
  • sunday
    Options
    Can someone offer some advice.
    I am employed part time as a delivery driver,during the cold spell whilst making a delivery I sliped on the ice and broke my arm in 2 places
    I am getting statuary sick pay but I feel that I won't get back the full use of my hand .so I have this feeling that eventually this company will make me redundant as I can't carry on doing the job I was employed to do.
    As this accident was at work does anyone know, that if I am unable to return to work due to the injury I received whilst working what benefits are available to me,and am I in line for any compensation from this company.
    Try calling ACAS - they've always been extremely helpful when I've asked them a question. I guess you could also try any solicitors offering a "no-win, no-fee" for a quick bit of preliminary advice....
  • sunday
    Options
    I am nearly 63.

I am in a final salary pensions scheme (normal retirement 65) and think that I may be about to be made redundant.

Does anyone know if different rules apply at this age (month for every year up to 26 )? Or if it is normal practice for the employer to offer some other terms.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me.

I'd recommend you speak to ACAS (I think there might be some extra protection for people nearing retirement)....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure