Facebook Group Help

Options
Looking for help moderating a Facebook Group please.

I recently started a closed group and to join it is necessary to answer a couple of questions and then to read and agree to a couple of rules.

Because the group is a charity for children, so we feel that agreeing to the rules, regarding privacy, photos etc, is essential, but many people seem to miss this. I see 'no response' on their application, If I don't accept them, I don't have a 'connection' to them so cannot message them.

I have noticed that another group often has posts that welcome new members and then asks them to read and agree to the rules; they then agree in a reply to this. Do you think they do this because they also had trouble with people not responding to the questions and rules?

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong here or are people just so keen to 'submit' that they are not scrolling down?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To be honest in the modern era most people just don't bother reading things properly.

The easiest solution is just to write a post and then pin it and get them to respond to that.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm in a group that has a similar thing, people ask to join & they're asked for their membership number of the associated society. People often apply to join who obviously don't have a clue what the group is about or what it is connected to, if they don't answer the question they get ignored.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I rarely use it and find people click anything posted. They add "friends" they dont know and even share and like scam posts.

Started a group and someone from another country obviously copied someones profile and started posting deals in their foreign shop and people were clicking like?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure