EC Member Just moved House

Options
As an energy club member and a couple of months ago swithed provider for gas and electricity.

This week we have moved house and prior to moving closed my account witn my most recent supplier.

1) I have tried to change address on the enery club account but it currently shows the message “switch in progress”.

How can I change my address on EC so I can shop around for quotes on my new house ?

2) The expiring provider on my new house is eon and I automatically default onto their standard rate.

Am I better off staying on the eon variable for a couple of months until I know my usage, and then looking for quotes ?

Sorry if a bit confusing but I feel stuck ina catch 22 position - new house, unable to change EC address and stuck on eon default stsndard rate :-(((

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2018 at 8:20PM
    Options
    Contact
    [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    and they will manually cancel the "switch in progress" marker

Probably worth doing a comparison for average use for your type of property plus a higher and lower use and see who comes out best overall.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As an energy club member and a couple of months ago swithed provider for gas and electricity.

This week we have moved house and prior to moving closed my account witn my most recent supplier.

1) I have tried to change address on the enery club account but it currently shows the message “switch in progress”.

How can I change my address on EC so I can shop around for quotes on my new house ?

2) The expiring provider on my new house is eon and I automatically default onto their standard rate.

Am I better off staying on the eon variable for a couple of months until I know my usage, and then looking for quotes ?

Sorry if a bit confusing but I feel stuck ina catch 22 position - new house, unable to change EC address and stuck on eon default stsndard rate :-(((

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hello borischelski and a quick heads up. You don't have to stay on our standard tariff, Energy Plan. Not all our tariffs have exit fees and a different one might save you a bit whilst you decide which supplier to switch to.

If you've registered with our website, you can change tariff online. The switch will go through immediately. Just make sure you choose a tariff without exit fees. Also, if this is of interest, make sure you change tariff before starting a switch away. Once you start to move to another supplier, your account will be locked down whilst the switch goes through and you won't be able to change tariff at this point.

Have you told us you've moved in? If not, there's an online form you can use to let us have the details. This will help keep things accurate and make changing supplier easier.

Hope the move went well borischelski and you've settled in to your new home.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's currently summer and you will likely use a lot more energy in winter than summer, so using 2 months of summer usage to estimate use for a complete year wouldn't work anyway.

I would do as the above poster suggests and use a comparison site to help you estimate what your property might use in a year and choose an appropriate tariff/supplier based on that.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport