holiday help

Options
byronwells
byronwells Posts: 119 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Alright peeps

I am in need of some advice if you don't mind. I have got my 40th coming up in August and are now thinking of where to go on holiday to..

I have just started to work a month before Christmas so couldn't really think about it months and months in advance... I know I defo can't go in August. way to expensive..

At the moment I am thinking about the Gran Canarias.. I am wondering when is the best time to go, April, May, June, July? It will just be and my wife, so not really a fan of loads of screaming kids :) I'm looking for somewhere cheap but still a decent place to stay, flights as well, plus even renting a car..

We are thinking possibly 7 or 10 days

Comments

• cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What do you like doing and what is your budget?
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Holidays to the Canaries have been noticeably rising in price in the last couple or so years from what regular visitors tell.

Maybe due to more demand since punters are shying away from Egypt and Tunisia etc.
  • byronwells
    Options
    cubegame wrote: »
    What do you like doing and what is your budget?

Nething under 1k all inclusive. We should be able to afford that as long as we can pay bit by bit and not in one go
  • byronwells
    Options
    Holidays to the Canaries have been noticeably rising in price in the last couple or so years from what regular visitors tell.

Maybe due to more demand since punters are shying away from Egypt and Tunisia etc.

I have only been aboard once in my life before and that was about 4 years ago... I don't know where else I want to go lol
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look on icelolly.com Choose anywhere as your destination. Select dates and airports from. You can then filter star ratings and board basis.
    Check reviews of any hotels etc b4 booking.
    May onwards, mainland Spain has decent weather.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Nething under 1k all inclusive. We should be able to afford that as long as we can pay bit by bit and not in one go
    Thomas Cook have a scheme where you can pay the holiday cost by regular Direct Debit, interest free, over several months - worth having a look at if you want to spread the damage.

https://www.thomascook.com/direct-debit/
  • byronwells
    Options
    Thomas Cook have a scheme where you can pay the holiday cost by regular Direct Debit, interest free, over several months - worth having a look at if you want to spread the damage.

https://www.thomascook.com/direct-debit/

Do you know if you can rent a car through them or do I have do that separately?? :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    byronwells wrote: »
    I have only been abroad once in my life before and that was about 4 years ago... I don't know where else I want to go lol

byronwells wrote: »

Is your choice of Gran Canaria and all inclusive because you are stuck for ideas/playing safe?

What do you and your wife like to do when you're on holiday?
  • byronwells
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Is your choice of Gran Canaria and all inclusive because you are stuck for ideas/playing safe?

What do you and your wife like to do when you're on holiday?

Honestly this time around I have no idea where I wanted to go.. Last time was dead certain about going to Jamaica. This time has really been a headache for me :)

We were originally thinking about Greece but then the gran Canaries stood out more.. Nice hot weather, beaches etc....

We definitely want to get away for a week or even 10 days or depending on the price 14 days (but then I am thinking isnt that too long)
  • Loyalty_Customer
    Options
    Warning about booking a holiday a year ahead. I have booked my holiday with Thomas Cook over a year ago and have paid by Direct Debit over 12 months. The same holiday is now on Sale for 800 pounds cheaper. OK I know that Holiday prices go up and down but this is a 30% decrease. The only lesson I have learnt is Don't book your Holiday until two or three months before you want to go, as Loyalty means nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure