Lloyds PPI

Options
Hello

I submitted a claim for PPI some time ago as I was clearly mis-sold. In fact I wasn't given the option NOT to have it. I'm afraid I did use an agency. I received a refund for commission, however I did not receive a PPI refund as they said they had written to me and I hadn't responded. The loan was repaid, and I had no further accounts with Lloyds, so when I moved (three times!), had no need to inform them of my new address.

Is there anything I can do?

Many thanks

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What exactly are you asking?
    Need more info. What did you complain about and when was the decision made? When did they write to you?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello

I submitted a claim for PPI some time ago as I was clearly mis-sold. In fact I wasn't given the option NOT to have it.

If it was mandatory for you to have the PPI to get the loan how can it be miss-sold? You either take the loan and PPI or go elsewhere

I'm afraid I did use an agency. I received a refund for commission, however I did not receive a PPI refund as they said they had written to me and I hadn't responded.

You have had a Plevin refund. Your PPI complaint was rejected as time barred

The loan was repaid, and I had no further accounts with Lloyds, so when I moved (three times!), had no need to inform them of my new address.

Is there anything I can do?

Many thanks

You can ask the firm (or FOS) to consider overturning the time bar if you can clarify where they sent the letter to inviting you to complain and if it was sent to an address you moved out of before they sent it (expect to prove it) then they should overturn the bar and look at the complaint again.

However, do note that the complaint reason you gave is very weak and unprovable, do you have any good reasons such as work benefits?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure