IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ at previous address?

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you gotten your:
    1) Draft "six point" order sorted? If not, search for it! What you have above is NOT a draft order that will ge tthrough.
    2) Defence to the CLAIM sorted?

2) does not go in the Witness statement, which is partly your section 2.2
    Just find ANY 2018 CEL defence, you will see it is FAR FAR longer than that.
  • bigdavecox90
    Options
    Have you gotten your:
    1) Draft "six point" order sorted? If not, search for it! What you have above is NOT a draft order that will ge tthrough.
    2) Defence to the CLAIM sorted?

2) does not go in the Witness statement, which is partly your section 2.2
    Just find ANY 2018 CEL defence, you will see it is FAR FAR longer than that.

I'm not sure I understand your last points made on your most recent post? Sorry if I'm being very simple here just don't quite get it.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    2.2 is a defence
    a defence is not part of a witness statement, It is a defence, an entirely different document. SO it canot be part of your witness statement

You need
    1) Draft "six point" order. So called because it has SIX POINTS in it. DO a search by post.
    2) Witness statement supporting the set aside application i.e. the facts as to why you were unable to respond to the claim form
    3) Defence to the claim.
  • bigdavecox90
    Options
    2.2 is a defence
    a defence is not part of a witness statement, It is a defence, an entirely different document. SO it canot be part of your witness statement

You need
    1) Draft "six point" order. So called because it has SIX POINTS in it. DO a search by post.
    2) Witness statement supporting the set aside application i.e. the facts as to why you were unable to respond to the claim form
    3) Defence to the claim.

Sorry for all of the questions but I really do appreciate your help, so essentially, I 'copy' the below? I found this in another thread, but getting more and more confused? So I'd need to submit the below along with the witness statement and the correct forms?

DRAFT ORDER

IN THE COUNTY COURT AT: xxxxxx

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIMITED (Claimant)

And

MR ********************* (Defendant)

CLAIM No:**********

IT IS ORDERED that:

1. The default judgment dated XX/XX/XXXX be set aside.

2. Costs to be reserved.

3. Unless the Claimant serves a copy of the claim form on the Defendant by 4pm on XX/XX/XX paragraph 2 shall cease to have effect and the Claimant shall pay the Defendant's costs summarily assessed at £255 and the claim shall be struck out.

4. If the Claimant serves the claim form as directed in paragraph 3 the Defendant shall file and serve a defence by 4pm on XX/XX/XXXX.

5. Should the Claimant discontinue the Claim after the CCJ is set aside, paragraph 2 shall cease to have effect and the Claimant shall pay the Defendant's costs summarily assessed at £255 plus the Defendant's costs for attending the hearing.

6. All enforcement be put on hold pending the outcome of the application.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry for all of the questions but I really do appreciate your help, so essentially, I 'copy' the below? I found this in another thread, but getting more and more confused? So I'd need to submit the below along with the witness statement and the correct forms?
    Yes, together with 3) on nosferatu1001's list - Defence to the claim.

That needs to show that if you had the opportunity to defend the case in the first place, you would've had a real chance of defending the Claim.
  • bigdavecox90
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes, together with 3) on nosferatu1001's list - Defence to the claim.

That needs to show that if you had the opportunity to defend the case in the first place, you would've had a real chance of defending the Claim.

Thanks Keith, are there examples of this on the forum anywhere too?

Starting to panic as know I only have 1 real shot to get it right!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Keith, are there examples of this on the forum anywhere too?

Starting to panic as know I only have 1 real shot to get it right!
    Yes, if you go back to the NEWBIE sticky post # 2 and look for defences posted by Bargepole, you will find several different examples - not templates - for your to use/edit/incorporate.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Indeed, youre panicking rather than READINg

There is a step by step on set asides, on post 2 of the newbies.
  • bigdavecox90
    Options
    Is a judge likely to throw it out completely if my defence admits indeed I was actually issued a ticket? As stated, we didn't even attempt to pay it - contrary to what some of these posts state (as I'd attempted before reading on here)

You guys have been helpful no end, so thank you again.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    You just point out that you attempted to resolve this, there was no notification to tell you that registration was needed, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure