Should I apply for a personal loan to clear high interest rate credit card?

Options
13»

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I will say with Capital One you might not be able to balance transfer up to 95% of your limit.

I did the same last year and could only move around 50% of the balance from another card.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    even that would help though so still worth doing. Just don't spend the other 50% in that instance unless it is 0% on purchases.

I guess, if the standard rate is lower than the Vanquis you could spend on it whilst paying more to the vanquis with the liberated cash but it will be slow
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mapbroke wrote: »
    Thanks - I don't think I would be accepted for this card though, it says for people with excellent credit rating and mine is poor at the moment.

Well luckily lenders dont see the credit ratings, they see your history.

Only you/ us as the customer can see the rating.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure