Eon 2yr box switch feb19

Options
2»

Comments

• Silverbird65
    Options
    How do I get notification of replies by email?
    Cheers
  • Silverbird65
    Options
    Sorry does anyone know how to get email alerts when you get a reply
    Cheers
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry does anyone know how to get email alerts when you get a reply
    Cheers

Go to the beginning of this thread and just above your first post there is a bar with some links on it. If you are using the blue version of the forum, click on the 'subscribe to thread' button (if using the green version you need to click forum tools then subscribe), then in the notification type drop down box click how often you want notified, then click the 'add subscription' button.
  • mug51
    mug51 Posts: 366 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My EDF fix is coming to an end and as expected all new energy plans are more expensive.

The cheapest so far for me is the EON 2yr fix and I am also a low user. With all utilities I have a spreadsheet I go back to every year to compare different rates. I've uploaded it to google sheets and if you can decipher it you can view it at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UgfNgo5Sg7723LubSFFtuTGk1FC9lx2SgnhxNJLJFBM/edit?usp=sharing

I've compared EON (2yr MSE fix) with Utility Point (Just Up 19 Wk7 Direct); the other plan that comes up as one of the cheapest on cheapenergyclub but with higher standing charge and lower unit rate.

After a few calculations and factoring the cashback into the standing charge (easiest way to do it), for Utility point to become cheaper than EON is if I use 5452kwh of gas and 1811kwh of electricity.
    As of today my I've used 5630kwh of gas and 1058kwh of electricity with 1 month left to go.

Still have a couple of days to consider.
  • Silverbird65
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the details so very kind of you. My annual usage is 1406 elec and 3970 gas as of Feb one month to go . So going by your thoughts I will still benefit with the dreaded Eon even if I use more. Your thoughts?
    Many many thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quotes are just estimates as are DD amounts .
    Usage times unit price + standing charge .
    Pointless saving £25 pa on standing charges if you pay £40 more in unit costs pa.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    Your kWh usage is incredibly low-how is the property heated and hot watered?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Silverbird65
    Options
    Definitely gas and electric not connected to next doors. Gas boiler but we use fire in evening heating 2 hrs in morning if cold in eve information also. Expect as getting older will use more OAPs.
    Cheers:j
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Oh thanks for replying. I want to chose when I have a meter it's just if I change within Eon during the 2 yes all the other tariffs have to have a meter. But the Q most worrying me is as I am a low user the benefit of a 2 yr fix as the rates are higher than some others but the daily charge is were the benefit comes. Iam really worrying as I have to sign up by tomorrow I believe
    Thanks please answer:j:j
    MSE shows eon 2yr fix save £56 per yr plus cashback just about worried that if I start using more I will lose benefits . Well I have to decide by tomorrow I think it ends then . So thanks

Hello Silverbird65 and thanks for coming back to me.

You're right, the E.ON Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 ends tomorrow 22 February 19.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Silverbird65

As Malc says, the Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff doesn't have the condition about smart meters.

If you are a low user, the 2 year MSE Collective should work out more beneficial for you.

With Standing Charges as low as 5p a day in some regions, your annual standing charge per fuel is £19 per annum.

Which means the higher charge per kwh will even out, especially over the summer months when you're not using as much energy.

You're in control of how much energy you actually use, for a low user, it should work out cheaper in the long run.

As for the benefit of a two year fix, no one has a crystal ball, but there's always factors which could affect the energy industry, either way.

It's comparable to most tariffs currently available with the security of a two year fix.

5p a day standing charge? You won't be using as much gas or electricity, soon. Just paying 10p a day for SC's, what's not to like?

E.on have now currently withdrawn all their other cheaper tariffs at the moment.

Hth

f&w

Good to hear from again fredandwilma. Hope all's well?

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure