Ford Money Flexible Saver

Options
2»

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been with Ford since their 4% days and no problems. Their 2 % 1 year fix is reasonable.

Both their Fixed savers are now currently unavailable according to the website. Hopefully a temporary thing while they increase the interest rate. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It does take a couple of days in my experience. (However, I suspect that's true of some of the accounts that call themselves "instant access", too.)
    I transferred some money from my Ford Money Flexible Saver at 10:00 AM yesterday morning and as of 10:00 AM this morning it has not arrived.

The couple of days mentioned by londoninvestor above does seem correct and in accord with Ford Money's statement that the payment will arrive by the end of the next working day.

Does this mean that I lose one day's interest on the amount transferred?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My transfer has just appeared in the destination account and it has the narrative "Faster Payment Refund" which is a strange description.

Nevertheless it was shown as a payment from Ford Money on 20th Feb and a receipt in my designated account on 21st Feb so it didn't earn any interest on the 20th Feb.

To put this into perspective though, to "lose" £1 in interest the amount transferred would need to be £25,886.52.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure